Where to find Race Gas in NE Ohio?!

pro car associates in akron has drums available and will fill your jug out of one of their 55 gallon drums for cheaper.

Around $60 CASH for 5gal of Vp U4.4.
Went there today, they no longer fill jugs. Vp u4.4 was $82 for 5gal. Not bad but not the honey hole I was hoping to find lol.

Wow, they must have changed their practices within a month.. He hooked me up with a VP 5 gallon jug.. And filled it with Vp for $70 out the door....

If that is the case… I. Am. Bummed.

was planning on going tomorrow.

UPDATE to my previous post…

I was bummed after reading what DelBalso wrote about ProCar, so I called. Nothing has changed, they are still filling plastic bottles.

Im confused on why your experience wasn't as good as everyone else who went there.

Last edited by a moderator:
DTS-akron will you report back on the price on the u4.4. we are running that in our flat track bikes and I would love to run it in our mx bikes but not in the budget for all 4 bikes.

DTS-akron will you report back on the price on the u4.4. we are running that in our flat track bikes and I would love to run it in our mx bikes but not in the budget for all 4 bikes.

Can do!

They have it listed as $14.30 per gallon on their site. Assuming its a little less than $14 if you pay in cash.
http://www.procarassociates.com/item--U44-(Leaded-Oxygenated)--fuelu4.4.html

I can't remember if Emily has your number or not. If she does, we can text you tomorrow. If not, I'll post on here if their site is accurate.

If that is the case… I. Am. Bummed.

was planning on going tomorrow.

UPDATE to my previous post…

I was bummed after reading what DelBalso wrote about ProCar, so I called. Nothing has changed, they are still filling plastic bottles.

Im confused on why your experience wasn't as good as everyone else who went there.
The guys that were there just seemed confused, I even brought up the site and they just told me they don't do that and can only sell the sealed containers. Maybe they weren't the main guys there or something. I'll have to make sure I call next time so I don't waste a trip. That's definitely a sweet deal if they'll do it.

When I was there, I talked to a older guy.. I asked for gas and he didn't seem to know what the hell he was doing.. He went back and got a different guy.. Younger, was super cool and hooked me up.. No bullshit from him, it's an hour drive for me but I'll go back when I need more.. Your probably right, just have to talk to the right guy

The guys that were there just seemed confused, I even brought up the site and they just told me they don't do that and can only sell the sealed containers. Maybe they weren't the main guys there or something. I'll have to make sure I call next time so I don't waste a trip. That's definitely a sweet deal if they'll do it.

I think I know what the issue was. They sell u4.4 out of a 55 gallon drum by the gallon, BUT they are currently out of it. The only u4.4 they have right now is in the sealed 5 gallon cans. They have 110, c12, and various others ready to sell by the gallon.

Each time I've been there I have talked to different guys. The first time it was the owner, (probably the old guy). I mentioned what fuel I needed and he knew what I was talking about. All the other times I've had no issues and everyone was helpful. Maybe I'm getting lucky for once. hah

I've searched the forums with no luck- Where do you guys buy you race gas (Cam2/110 octane or equivalent) in NE Ohio thats open on Sundays? I'm driving from Cleveland down 77 to ride today- Are there any gas stations in the Parma/Cleveland/Akron/Bath/Fairlawn/Medina area that sell race gas?
What does Cam2 110 usually sell for per gallon on for a 5 gallon can?
Thanks,
Gary

Back