Countdown to Mid-Ohio/Vintage Days

NQ1965

PR Elite
10 days left to get your weekend admission tickets to the event at the AMA reduced price of $45.
Deadline May 29.

You can call AMA and order directly over the phone (if your a member). 1-800-AMA-JOIN (262-5646)

Last edited:
A little different format this year. Look's like a 30 min practice session on Friday afternoon at 4:00pm (free if you have been to an AMA event this year), and then 3 moto's spread out over two days. Not sure if we are going to see a race order prior to the event or just need to hang out all weekend. AND its a "NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP" event.

Might be the first time I ride a bike this season!
Looks like you have signed up for 4 classes, 12 motos + practice on 2 days, bring lots of gas

quite a weekend for your first time out this season

Last edited:
That's unlike you John. Not your typical year.

Still on heavy overtime, and if I don't get free'd up soon, might end up a spectator this year. It's uncertain enough that I'm holding off on pre-regestering race class's for now.

That's unlike you John. Not your typical year.

My Father has been in declining health this year and just passed May 9th. Been too busy with family stuff to even think about riding. I'm getting there though, will be riding soon.

Last edited:
Kind of curious, if you don't mind John, I assume you're father was responsible for your love of bikes and riding, did he stay active riding?

It's interesting how it works out like that sometimes. I'm sure your parents were proud of you having a distraction in your youth that was positive and gave you focus and determination.

My dad raced dirt track stock cars for a couple of years when I was like 7 or 8, that coupled with all of the cool mid 70's car chase movies at the Drive in Theatres, the seeds were planted and I was hooked on racing and chasing. I would ride my 20" Schwinn around the neighborhood wearing an old football helmet, making engine and shifting noises pretending. He gave it all up as the family needs grew. But once we hit teenage years, motorcycles came into the picture in our neighborhood. He helped us work on them, but that was about the extent of it. He did buy a used Triumph Tiger Cub that kept him busy in the garage for awhile. But then he sold it to his brother which really surprised me. When I began racing with all of you guys a few years back, and he began seeing the bike collection grow, I could see the pride in his eyes.

My condolences John.

I lost my mom a couple of years ago and my wife lost her dad within weeks of each other. It was certainly hard dealing with the deaths of our parents, but really, really difficult for our surviving parents to lose their spouses of 50 years. I have some other friends that have said the same thing. Take good care of your mom if she is in the same situation.

Dan

Back