Video: Briarcliff LLAQ

Cool video.

So I went to BC yesterday just to hang out and watch for a bit. Due to family issues I haven't ridden yet this year, and I never made it to BC last year.

I must say, it's like a completely new place now! There is water available for filling tanks, way more parking, the viewing decks are completely awesome, and the track looked totally sweet and the layout was awesome and made for awesome racing.

I used to be skeptical that BC could have a LL Regional, but with all the improvements in the last year or so, they are ready. Not to mention everything clicked off like clockwork and ran really well.

Chillitown needs a Youth Regional and BC needs an Amateur Regional!

Pit your making way too much sense. Why would chilitown And BC get a regional when sunday creek is right in southern ohio. You know, sunday creek with that awesome facility. The one with the awesome track.....the one with the awesome pit area.....the one ........yeah owned by the coombs family. Yeah that facility.

Cool video.

So I went to BC yesterday just to hang out and watch for a bit. Due to family issues I haven't ridden yet this year, and I never made it to BC last year.

I must say, it's like a completely new place now! There is water available for filling tanks, way more parking, the viewing decks are completely awesome, and the track looked totally sweet and the layout was awesome and made for awesome racing.

I used to be skeptical that BC could have a LL Regional, but with all the improvements in the last year or so, they are ready. Not to mention everything clicked off like clockwork and ran really well.

Chillitown needs a Youth Regional and BC needs an Amateur Regional!

Thanks for the kind words, but we definitely need to run a few more qualifiers to hone our skills before a regional is even a possibility, and even then that's a tough sell. It would be like selling your boss on the idea that they should give you part of their salary. I do think the track is a much better race track now, than it was a year ago. I have some tweaks to make to keep a couple areas in check. I think if we add some sand in some the dusty areas, and maybe some shower houses we would be cooking with gas. Its all long term, we will just keep chipping away at the grand plan.

Thanks for the kind words, but we definitely need to run a few more qualifiers to hone our skills before a regional is even a possibility, and even then that's a tough sell. It would be like selling your boss on the idea that they should give you part of their salary. I do think the track is a much better race track now, than it was a year ago. I have some tweaks to make to keep a couple areas in check. I think if we add some sand in some the dusty areas, and maybe some shower houses we would be cooking with gas. Its all long term, we will just keep chipping away at the grand plan.

I would think a regional would be easier. Less classes? That is what I heard from another track owner.
He said you only have the youth's or the ametueres. Not both so you are not trying to please both small and big bikes with track prep.

Just what I was told, that he had less classes and it was easier than a qualifier. 1 sign up for 3 days, not two separate races in one weekend.
BC could do it.

Very cool video, I like the slow motion shots. You can see the suspension working and the rider moving around on the bike. Cool song too. Keep up the good work. Hey you took out the flashing lights, I like it better.

I would think a regional would be easier. Less classes? That is what I heard from another track owner.
He said you only have the youth's or the ametueres. Not both so you are not trying to please both small and big bikes with track prep.

Just what I was told, that he had less classes and it was easier than a qualifier. 1 sign up for 3 days, not two separate races in one weekend.
BC could do it.

I like the idea of one sign up. Im sure the customer service end of things has to go up a notch though. Im sure more people are on edge, it was a noticeble difference in people from Saturday to Sunday. I didnt notice it last year.

Good points by Double Douche. Also along with less classes, you can budget accordingly for a Regional because you have a good idea beforehand how many entries you will have.

Shower building is great idea, but no need to wait for that. Other Regionals don't have them, and if you really want to have showers available you can hire that company that brings in a shower trailer (seen them at Mid Ohio and other tracks before). Get the Regional and use the money from that to build a shower building if you want.

I've been to Regionals at Red Bud, MC Motopark, Millville, Sunday Creek, Scenic Highlands, Muddy Creek and a zillion different tracks for Area LLQ's.

BC is ready. Apply for a regional for 2016, it's time. We will flood mxsports with emails requesting it!

Last edited:
Good points by Double Douche. Also along with less classes, you can budget accordingly for a Regional because you have a good idea beforehand how many entries you will have.

Shower building is great idea, but no need to wait for that. Other Regionals don't have them, and if you really want to have showers available you can hire that company that brings in a shower trailer (seen them at Mid Ohio and other tracks before). Get the Regional and use the money from that to build a shower building if you want.

I've been to Regionals at Red Bud, MC Motopark, Millville, Sunday Creek, Scenic Highlands, Muddy Creek and a zillion different tracks for Area LLQ's.

BC is ready. Apply for a regional for 2016, it's time. We will flood mxsports with emails requesting it!

LOL. I had a talk with another guy today about 2016, you arent the only one talking this nonesense. I said if we could improve our radio transmission amongst first responders, and iron out a few wrinkles for Battle, that we would throw our hat in the ring for 2016. I doubt we get it a serious nod, but I will ecstatic if we can get another AQ on memorial day, im good with either one. Beggers cant be choosers.

Your being humble. You have got to scratch your head and wonder how in the world sunday creek gets a regional every year? Well, we all know why.....but the facility is not a regional type facility.

Yeah. I can't argue. How awesome would 2016 be if the AQ was at Malvern again and Regional was at BC. Local racing is back full swing compettive in Ohio!

By 2020 DC is going to give you a legitimate Pro National, I mean you can't deny huge events like that with great facilities.

Back