ET Phone Home: Colorado MX

ET Phoned home alright. Had the boot off, and the shoulder is what did not look good to me the way he was holding it. Been there done that.

I called it a week ago. I said that Dungey would be the one to keep it on two wheels and it was just a matter of time for Tomac. Dungey had the quote of the day after the second moto. He said the tracks are rough. "I rode the best I could with the conditions......the faster you go, that stuff sneaks up on you. I rode the fastest I could for the conditions." So he knew he could go faster, but with those conditions, he rode the pace to keep safe. This is why Dungey wins championships. He knows he has to be there all the time and be consistent, and safe.

Martin really proved that he had a very off week last week. Hammer down and put it to them again.

Yeah, totally sucks for Tomac and the sport. Hope it's not a season ending injury. I'm thinking collarbone. They can plate that, right? Regardless, the Dunge is right, that track was gnarly dangerous. Testing many of the best to the point of mistakes. Almost lost both points leaders yesterday. Like great racing, not a fan really of winning by a minute plus, but a major fan of everyone being able to make it to the end of the series. Even place #40. `Tis not to be in our sport I suppose...

Man that track got gnarly ! Great test for even the pros and it showed . I like Tomac and hate that he got injured but it seemed like , with those big gap leads , he was getting Bubba syndrome : Not knowing when to back it down a bit . ET was frustrated in SX and probably was feeling great about his dominating wins outdoors but you just can't ride the ragged edge ALL the time .
J Martin is having an awesome season . Wonder if that will transfer over to the 450s someday ? Craig's performance was a ( welcomed ) surprise out of the blue . Could get very interesting if Cianciarulo can race himself back into shape and contention too .

Back