Comments, criticisms and human nature

Hershey, I got the impression you were learning things about this forum that you were not aware of before, that did not make you happy. When you tied this to existing threads, you missed a very important one "Where is pitracer going?" and some of the comments as to how pitracer is perceived by outsiders.

Like many, I was touched and impressed by two very classy and professional responses to criticism in the threads you mentioned by CTMX and Frank. it is so rare to see these types of responses on here. I was happy to see both the complaints and the responses posted as an example of how things should be.

In "where is pitracer going" the word clique came up a lot. It seems to be a bigger mystery to the insiders than where new racers come from. This site's regulars are mostly of the category I call "well funded, serious, bike only, racers". They have their favorite sanction, tracks, and promoters. Criticism of their world vision or their favorites is met with immediate defensiveness piled on by people who may not even have any personal knowledge of the specific situation being discussed. What ousider wants to come into this unless they are already part of the insiders' circle? Most remain lurkers who come here for the race schedules, and won't get involved.

Hershey is surprised at how people he knows reacts when you disagree with them. Imagine how an outsider feels when they unknowingly post an observation that is taboo here.

For me, I've been here almost as long as Pitracer, so I don't mind stirring the pot. I try to make my criticisms factual and not emotional, diplomatic, and not derogatory, and to express them as clearly as I can, but I've still come to the realization that some of the most obvious problems and issues in the sport are off limits on pitracer, because they will be met with anger and hostility instead of thoughtful consideration.

Tim, you now have my full attention. What problems are off limits? I have never thought anything was since it is merely an open forum. The fact that you can remain completely anonymous allows people to post something without fear of repercussions.
Interesting point of view

This site's regulars are mostly of the category I call "well funded, serious, bike only, racers". They have their favorite sanction, tracks, and promoters. Criticism of their world vision or their favorites is met with immediate defensiveness piled on by people who may not even have any personal knowledge of the specific situation being discussed. What ousider wants to come into this unless they are already part of the insiders' circle? Most remain lurkers who come here for the race schedules, and won't get involved.

If there's any categories of posters on here I think I lay far outside that one :D

I keep hearing that too, that PR is a 'clique' and if you aren't in it you arent XXXX (i don't know what to put here). As someone who visits this site entirely too much throughout the day (the internet is boring) I feel the complete opposite..

I can see where some people may come from in regards to the "if your not in the clique" thing...

Made up example: Someone decides to post about a concern they had at a track. 20 people from here jump on and say how they are wrong for voicing their opinion, or how they did it the wrong way and should have talked to so and so... or people tell them to shut up and be happy they have somewhere to ride, and basically tell them they are stupid and wrong for having that idea/ opninion / concern.

You think that person will come back, ever, and tell there friends to join too? Definitely not. And stuff like that happens a lot.

Again it goes back to everyone just typing what they think everyone wants to hear. Everyone wants the approval of the track owners, the well know guys on the forum, etc.

Nobody wants to be afraid to show up at malvern because they said a negative thing about malvern, and they think jasons going to be mad about it or something... so they either keep their mouth shut or jump on the bandwagon of agreeing / saying what they think everyone wants to hear.

Same probably goes for other riders. People likely refrain from saying what they really think, because they dont want to offend someone they are going to run into face to face at the track some day.

I'm guilty of that, and I bet 99% of you are as well. Theres comments about people/tracks I'd love to make but sometimes I just sit back and say you know, its just not worth pissing off so and so. It shouldn't have to be like that... I'd never take intentional / unreasonable stabs at a track / its promoters / crew etc... but you cant say crap on here without everyone getting there panties all twisted up.

In short everyone needs to lighten up, take the criticism, good or bad... simple as that. If you dont like it, dont read it, on to the next thread.

Did Stacy just admit he wears Panties? You hitting the regional? next thing we know Caitlyn will be racing the womens class at Lorettas.

Yeah, we just went off subject.

Troy Lee Designs Rock

Tiny Little Dwarves Runaway!

Two Ladies Drive Reckless

Teen Leprechauns Drink Redbull

Traffic Lights Dim Red

?????

teal_deer_by_matheusrosa94-d30bu6u.jpg

Tommy Lee's Drag Race
Texas License Department Registration
Texans Love Dodge Ram
Tomac Likes Dungey's Roost

We don't have to teach children how to misbehave...we have to teach them how to behave.

I am 29 and that still applies to me, always will.

Back