A Time to Step Back

I wanted to take time and share a verse I came across this evening when doing our daily devotional with my wife. Its from 1 Peter 3:9 it states, "Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing". The reason this hit me so hard was not only how heated I got on here about recent discussion forums, but that it is exactly opposite of what the "world" tells us what is right. Christ came to this earth and died after seeing Him, His family and His friends insulted all his life, died for us and then was raised from the dead, just to have a chance with a relationship with us. Witnessing for Christ is why I am on this earth and is why I ride motocross. Motocross is the head fake, witnessing for Christ is the reason for everything. I am upset at how easily I get made and it is easy for me to get upset when I feel people are being mean to me, my family or friends, and mainly the last two more than me! Haters are going to hate and even this post I know will make people angry. I get caught up on things in life, not just motocross, that are not important or glorifying to Christ. Please everyone remind me of this when I get upset, because trust me I need it sometimes. I do not ever want to make enemies in a sport that I have been blessed with and love so much! I do mean that I want people to come up to me at any time especially at the track to chat regardless of the reason, happy or angry. I do appreciate the other posts being shut down, because they were not beneficial to anyone. I do though, appreciate the other posts by other riders saying, whoa, hold on, lets take few and think about what we are doing. I think that's really cool! I love meeting and riding with you all wherever that may be so pray often, be safe and here is to an amazing summer of riding! PLEASE be sure to remind me of this verse in heated debates to come and please do in person, I want to see you guys face to face!!!

Man, I have been thinking about your post all week. Thank you for sharing your heart. I will hold you accountable as long as I frequent this forum. You can do the same for me.

It takes guts to write you did. I appreciate your honesty and humility. It is easy to get fired up about things we are passionate about and connected too, especially when people are involved. I too have posted things or said things (in person) I wish I wouldn't have. My mouth has been my greatest blessing and curse...don't foresee that ending anytime soon, but learning to be on the blessing side of things.

Your right about Jesus Christ.

While your post related to me as a whole...one part has been going through my mind all week. The part about "motocross not being worth making enemies over."

That thought is the very reason I made some of the decisions I did...mainly resigning from the sport. Circumstances became heavy and I was in over my head. This sport had also consumed me. I have been working through these matters in my heart by seeking Christ.

Motocross is not that important in the grand scheme of life, especially life eternal...but it is important to some of us...which is why can spend hours on PitRacer.

Brap is a four letter word for fun to some of us in this world. Lets not forget that.

Man, I have been thinking about your post all week. Thank you for sharing your heart. I will hold you accountable as long as I frequent this forum. You can do the same for me.

It takes guts to write you did. I appreciate your honesty and humility. It is easy to get fired up about things we are passionate about and connected too, especially when people are involved. I too have posted things or said things (in person) I wish I wouldn't have. My mouth has been my greatest blessing and curse...don't foresee that ending anytime soon, but learning to be on the blessing side of things.

Your right about Jesus Christ.

While your post related to me as a whole...one part has been going through my mind all week. The part about "motocross not being worth making enemies over."

That thought is the very reason I made some of the decisions I did...mainly resigning from the sport. Circumstances became heavy and I was in over my head. This sport had also consumed me. I have been working through these matters in my heart by seeking Christ.

Motocross is not that important in the grand scheme of life, especially life eternal...but it is important to some of us...which is why can spend hours on PitRacer.

Brap is a four letter word for fun to some of us in this world. Lets not forget that.
Strouble, thanks a ton for the reply. After reading your post I do believe we share many of the same blessings and curses. I was just a Todd Krieg's home last Friday and was speaking to his dad. He asked me about my recent injury and that he hates seeing people hurt and asked what I see in continuing to ride. I told him I will continue to ride as long as its not about me, only to continue to witness for Christ in all I do. That as soon as it becomes about me and what I want that I will then walk away forever, and that holds true in everything in my life. Thanks again for the reply and look forward to being able to meet and ride with a brother in Christ soon!

Back