Big Weekend at the Vern!!

MalvernMX

PR Addict
2 day race weekend, June 6-7! First of all, the gates will be open Friday at 4 for anyone that would like to camp (free). The gate fee for the weekend will be $20/person because there are 2 races. If you leave before 330 pm on Saturday, the full gate fee will be refunded to you. If you are only staying for Saturday's race, you can get $10 back on your way out. OMA and AMA memberships will be available all weekend. Saturday is OMA only, Sunday is OMA and AMA sanctioned (both memberships... required).
Saturday practice is for bikes and quads, 830-230, $25 per rider.

Sign up for the Kames Saturday Night Series race will start about 2 pm, pre race practice at 330, and racing will begin around 5. We will be shooting off the T-shirt cannon on Saturday at intermission, and we also have some cool giveaways from Kames including the usual holeshot awards!!!

Early sign up for Sunday's Spring Series race will be from approx. 630-800 pm on Saturday evening. Sunday morning, sign up opens at 7 am, practice at 830, and racing by 10. Also, on Sunday, Coppersmith Power Sports, Akron-Canton's newest Husqvarna dealer (grand opening Sat., 6-13) will be at the track with t-shirt giveaways and other promotional items!

It's going to be a great weekend packed full of fun and racing action at the Vern!!! See ya there!!

Really does look to shaping up to be a Big weekend. Forecast looks GREAT!! We have been getting quite a bit of out of state and even some Canadian calls and emails. Also wanted to say good luck to all our local riders heading to Red Bud for reginals this weekend.

AWESOME JOB TO THE MALVERN CREW. Was a great weekend of racing, track was amazing all weekend. Thanks to the entire crew for busting butts all weekend and giving us racers a great track to race at. The turnout seemed to be a pretty good one with lots of people being there all weekend.

Judging by the results page the turn out looked pretty low to me? Maybe not. I don't understand why the OMA would run two area qualifiers on their tracks and then try to run a spring series race against the regional? Sure doesn't make sense to me.

The turnout for the Spring Series was very disappointing to all of those who have poured there blood, sweat, and tears into it. Besides the regional, every other track in Ohio seemed to be open yesterday, which didn't help. Track was great and the crew did a spectacular job. Thanks Malvern.

Judging by the results page the turn out looked pretty low to me? Maybe not. I don't understand why the OMA would run two area qualifiers on their tracks and then try to run a spring series race against the regional? Sure doesn't make sense to me.
Why did you pick SVR over Malvern, when you and your Dad hit all the other rounds? How was their turnout?

There's only so many dates they can pick from.....and not everyone races for LL...?

Big thanks to Jason, Tina, and the whole Malvern crew for a great weekend and great track conditions. I had a blast, but was disappointed with the turnout Sunday as well.

One of my favorite tracks, and a two day race. Every time they have a weekend like that, life gets in the way. This weekend it was a wedding. Hope to get up there before the Battle Series.

Kurt, I didn't go anywhere this weekend I have people working on my house so I had to stick around home.

Georgie, I'm not saying everyone rides the regionals but why run the areas then try to run against the regional? You would have to figure there were a lot of regulars that ran the AQ. Just did not make sense to me that's all. There is no OMA race anywhere next weekend. Why schedule against a race you held a qualifier for?

I had a blast too until I was landed on at the uphill triple. I think sight laps after prepping a track like that should be mandatory. Where it wasn't tilled up it was really slick and where it was it was really loose. I opted out of jumping the uphill, stayed to the left, slowed down and was still landed on. 1 lap of quads rolling around the track on a sight lap is enough to pack the dirt in enough to not be too sketchy that first lap. Not complaining just a suggestion.

Kurt, I didn't go anywhere this weekend I have people working on my house so I had to stick around home.

Georgie, I'm not saying everyone rides the regionals but why run the areas then try to run against the regional? You would have to figure there were a lot of regulars that ran the AQ. Just did not make sense to me that's all. There is no OMA race anywhere next weekend. Why schedule against a race you held a qualifier for?

The track owners have personal lives too. Sometimes you have to build a schedule that compromises with personal trips and family stuff, its just the way it worked out.

Back