CRA question for everyone

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I just took a look at the results from the CRA races this year and the turnouts are CRAZY low. I have never been to a CRA event since all the tracks are more then 4 hours away, but why are the numbers so low?
How can a track continue to hold races when only 45 riders show up?

Again, I have never been to one, so I am not pointing fingers or saying ANYTHING negative. Which is way off character for me.
Its motocross so I want to help.

I was at Big Game for their Spring Series/125 two stroke race and was surprised by the low turn out. The track was great and the moto's clicked off like clock work.
There was a LL qualifier at High Point the same weekend so that probably had an impact on the turn out.

I think CRA has gotten a reputation for tracks that are too easy, and not prepped too well. I raced CRA from 1990 through 2005 and most of the tracks were that way, not all. I always had fun racing though. But after venturing out to different areas and seeing other tracks I understand why it makes a difference for riders to go places that offer a better option for riding a track that offers an experience that mimics a LL qualifying type of track. Many racers are now interested in getting fast. Then there are the ones that want big air every 20'.

Im still going to a CRA track this weekend and have hit many others each year, this is just my thoughts on it. Being honest about what I have experienced, seen and heard.

I am not trying to bash anyone or any track. Just giving insight.

I raced TV land a few weeks ago and the track was nice the whole day ran smooth and fast but the only class with riders was 250c

They need to promote more....Like take over this whole site before races!!! They really don't have BIG EVENTS...And if they do...nobody knows about it! When chili town has a Race Everyone and their cousin KNOWS ANOUT IT!

Maybe for some, but I know we promote the heck out of our races! We had a ton of hits for our first race on here, made it a special event-offered all kinds of giveaways, had lots of phone calls etc.... We weren't sure really what to expect running against TWO Qualifiers on the same day (Hi-Point and Baja) and the big fight(Mayweather/Pacquiao) the night before which I know many people stayed up late watching and it really did affect our turnout. It is a bummer when you bust your butt for an event, prep the track, weather is finally perfect(for once) and the turn out is ok. For the first race of the season, it's nice for everything to run smoothly and on time so not complaining just really surprised. That same day in CRA there was a 300 rider harescramble event so maybe that's where the majority of riders in CRA are right now?? In this sport you just can't predict- turnouts, weather, conditions, staffing so you just have to roll with it and continue doing the best job you can. When I see these big events taking place (450-500 riders) I really don't miss those days-been there, done that.We know how much time, effort, and STRESS that is involved in putting on those big events and we are just at a different place right now in our lives. We will continue to run a well organized program with a fun, safe and well prepped track and enjoy the days spent with our family and friends! :)

Maybe for some, but I know we promote the heck out of our races! We had a ton of hits for our first race on here, made it a special event-offered all kinds of giveaways, had lots of phone calls etc.... We weren't sure really what to expect running against TWO Qualifiers on the same day (Hi-Point and Baja) and the big fight(Mayweather/Pacquiao) the night before which I know many people stayed up late watching and it really did affect our turnout. It is a bummer when you bust your butt for an event, prep the track, weather is finally perfect(for once) and the turn out is ok. For the first race of the season, it's nice for everything to run smoothly and on time so not complaining just really surprised. That same day in CRA there was a 300 rider harescramble event so maybe that's where the majority of riders in CRA are right now?? In this sport you just can't predict- turnouts, weather, conditions, staffing so you just have to roll with it and continue doing the best job you can. When I see these big events taking place (450-500 riders) I really don't miss those days-been there, done that.We know how much time, effort, and STRESS that is involved in putting on those big events and we are just at a different place right now in our lives. We will continue to run a well organized program with a fun, safe and well prepped track and enjoy the days spent with our family and friends! :)

I dont think anyone would ever say your team doesnt put in the effort for a great day at the races! Its always a good time at one of them.

Plus throwing rocks is fun too!

I don't think it a promotion issue. A ton more CRA track owners / promoters are on here compared to old D-11 tracks and getting at least twice the turnout on average weekly races. For someone like me that is over a 4 hour drive to any of the tracks, it needs to be something special to make me drive past 2 other races just to get to a CRA event. Knowing that I have to buy another membership card is the tipping point. AMA OMA is already too many and for someone who have never attended an end of the year banquet I don't care that it goes to prizes. Not bashing just telling you the truth. The reputation is for sure keeping people away. Even if the membership was free I would still only go to Trevor and The Hands track since they are the only ones that I have heard positive feedback from. That is a hard one to fix
Like I said to start the topic, I have never been to a CRA race but I would if it were worth it. Good luck

Yea. Outta there by 2pm and plenty of laps. Loved it.

I rememeber racing at OIR and not leaving until 7 sometimes for the huge turnouts they pulled. Didn't mtter because the racing was packed. Well worth the wait. It's a bonus to get a great prepped track and get out super early.

HAND....Yes I agree you do promote your races my bad....the old school do not,Oir was your baby and you got a bad deal...one of the best races and track was primo EVERYTIME you ran a race....I told you at summit...Take over DIRT WORLD ,And go LEGEND!!!! Hahaha SAND ROLLERS MY FRIEND SAND ROLLERS!!!

When OMA started it put a hurtin on CRA! Out with the old, in with the new!

HAND....Yes I agree you do promote your races my bad....the old school do not,Oir was your baby and you got a bad deal...one of the best races and track was primo EVERYTIME you ran a race....I told you at summit...Take over DIRT WORLD ,And go LEGEND!!!! Hahaha SAND ROLLERS MY FRIEND SAND ROLLERS!!!

Oh I like where this is going... That would awesome!!

Id help you with dirtworld and take over if you ever lost interest years down the road.

Lol....baker you don't have enough time to wipe your own butt let alone run a track! You barely even ride!

I already see the momentum rolling here Hand.............Lets do this! Your track prep and dirt worlds dirt...Match made in heaven!! Hahaha I see a two day CrA race weekend one at tv land sat Sunday at dirt world!!! DO IT! Take the risk!

Back