Free top end kit?

Meister

PR Founding Father
Tonight from 4-8pm at Kames the guys from wiseco/pro-x will be having a top end rebuild challenge..

2 stroke or 4, fastest person to assemble a top end wins a complete top end for their bike/quad..

If anyone goes, post your build time!

It was a cool deal for sure. The winning time for 2 stroke was 1:14. The 250f was around the 2:50 mark. These are minutes.

It was a motor on a stand. You had to install from the base gasket up. Only hand tight.

Proud to say my time was 1 minute 3 seconds. Our rep said the fastest he knows of, ever, was right around the 50 second mark.

You know how many days it would take a decent crowd to do a 100% assembled bikes top end? Lol..

Hell, there were people intimidated by the motors sitting there.. I would even touch the 4 stroke engine.. Ha

It was easy but it was a blast for everyone who did it. All for a chance at a free top end kit. Thanks to the guys at wiseco/pro-x for coming out..

The piece that I'm pretty feeble with is getting a circlip removed...I know there have been times it's taken more than a minute just to do that!

The piece that I'm pretty feeble with is getting a circlip removed...I know there have been times it's taken more than a minute just to do that!
Yeah, I've done it enough times, but have to gather my bearings and/or retrain myself every time. I remember my earlier/younger days of losing one in the grass...on a Saturday after the shops closed...planning to ride Sunday and trying to "make" one... Who would've known that just any old wire kinda in the shape of a circlip wouldn't work... ;)

BTW, never will rebuild a 4 stroke top end. Well, can't say never...just unlikely. At least not mine and/or one I am responsible for it things don't go well. Then again, not true, just not one with an F in the model #. Anything with a XR, and R, or and X in it I might... Might I say...

I can do a 2 stroke in my sleep with both hands tied behind my back! Lol. Seriously though it would have been to try!

4 strokes aren't any harder Scoob. Just a couple extra steps.

Unless the valves need major attention

Back