Tiny weekend at Treaty City

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I was planning on going to the Vern but since my wife my plans for me all weekend, we had to go with plan B.2 for racing. That ended with us going to Treaty City. Now I have said I would never go back until I hear something has changed but when you are a crazy 50 parent looking for seat time for Little Johnny, you will do crazy things. So we roll into the pits 5 minuets after practice has started (cool guys show up late) and we were able to pull all the way up to the front fence for a parking space. Given the pits are the size of someone's backyard you know that this could only mean one thing... LOW turnout... 82 bikes... 21 where 50's... What a shame.
Like I have said before I have been going to Treaty since 1980. It is 40 minuets from my house and you get the side bonus of stopping at Maid Rite after the race. I ate 4 yesterday. I want the place to continue but if they have not got the message yet, I am afraid they never will.
The track has the exact layout as it has for the past 30 some years. And 30 some years ago it was not good. Now it is just sad. The only work that has been done is a crazy monstrosity that passes as a scoring tower/announce tower/head flagger station. The fact that it is setting in the middle of the limited space they have to build a track is a moot point. The fact it is in the worst place you can think of to keep the racing going (After the start so you can not begin the next moto until the race before is finished) and it sets about 15 feet above the finish line jump and completely out of the range of view for the racers, is the perfect example of why the track is failing.
The effort was there. Track was tilled good and watered so its not that they don't try. I just don't think they understand. Heck, they even took an intermission and watered... OK, sure they watered the hard main line and since they did not till, it made it a skating rink, but hey, they tried.
The idea of a club is cool. A bunch of guys (and a few ladies) that love motorcycles creating a location where they can assemble and share there love for all things two wheels is great. But from the outside it just looks like a place to assemble and drink beer... oh yeah, and there are a few motorcycles.

Word in the pits is they are going to level the place and build a new track. At first thought that sounds like a good first step. But if it is going to be built by Jimmy (a friend of a club member who owns a dozer) then don't bother. Level the track and have the Pease pipe once a year and forget MX. If you want help designing and building a RACE TRACK then get people outside the club that have the experience to do that work for you.
You can do it guys, Its a good location, park like setting, next to a river and great spectator viewpoints. You just have to produce a product that people want to buy.

I refuse to spend good money to go to TCMC. And many more like me out there. Just taking some longer to figure it out. But hey, if you want to go and get 1st because no one else is there, then TCMC is the place to go.

Maybe they should contact Josh Steele to go over and help out? He is from the area and knows whats up!! As for me, NEVER will I drive 4 1/2 hours for THAT TRACK. They build something new MAYBE but not for the back yard they have now.

I don't think so. Next weekend we are going to East Fork for some serious seat time.
One good thing came from going yesterday. Found out my son is VERY slow on tight tracks. I got to get that boy on the bike more often.

Back