Looking for a good camping/riding spot

captainfishpond

PR Member
Hello all. I am looking for a spot to take the family and a buddy's family camping that has some riding nearby. My buddy wants to get back on a bike after a long time and is looking for some low pressure riding. I wanna ride some big stuff. The wives want a campground with hiking, fishing, family friendly of course. Were up near Cleveland. Any good suggestions within 2 hours driving? Thanks in advance.

Check out TVland! Trevor has a few tracks to choose from and trails around the whole property. He's also got a nice swimming pond with a slide, very nice place for a camping weekend with family and friends.

Been a while since I've been there but look up bear creek in East Sparta
They have a campground down the road a bit but not right there. There use to be camping right on the premises but it got vandalized years ago and they never fixed it. It is almost all trails and an unprepared shitty track with jumps that are not built correctly but the trails are fun.

They have a campground down the road a bit but not right there. There use to be camping right on the premises but it got vandalized years ago and they never fixed it. It is almost all trails and an unprepared shitty track with jumps that are not built correctly but the trails are fun.
The thing with that is its normal to run ur bikes down the road and back to get around. There used to be as many dirt bikes and quads riding on the road as trucks and cars lol... A little slice of hillbilly heaven lol

Thanks fellas. The girls want to camp off the track believe it or not. I was hoping to find something like crow with a camp ground nearby. Unless anyone knows of any open rides coming up at crow!

Anything with a decent track and good trails with some mild to decent hilclimb stuff?

Breezewood Proving Grounds

Never been there, but looks like it may fit the bill. Errr maybe not, no trails. But they do have a variety of tracks for different skill levels.

Awesome guys. Thanks for all the suggestions. I've been wanting to hit up both tv land and Wayne. Leaning towards TV land. Or briarclif cause I haven't been there in about 4 years.

pymatuning state park camp grounds is about 20/30 min from tv land if you want to camp off site....they have cabins for rent.

Bear creek is pretty close to Atwood lake, which is a place where we used to have a family cabin. Atwood lake is awesome and I'd love to head back down.

TV land and pymatuning are close by and both look awesome. Can you guys tell me about the trails at TV land? The track looks mint but might be intimidating to a novice. Is there a "c" track or enough trail riding to keep a beginner happy?

Coming from Cleveland, Ashtabula probably fits into your 2 hour drive. Pine Lake Raceway and Trails has everything you are looking for. Call ahead and check for sceduled activites.

If you are looking to drive a little further, Its hard to beat Lightning Raceway for $10 a day open riding. The track is not maintained MX races, but the HS trails can give you a lot or riding without seeing the same place over again. Camping is free, as well as stacks of slabwood to burn. they don't have fishing at Lightning, on top of the mountains there, but to get there you drive through miles of lowland swamp, and roadside streams. Check their event schedule for conflicts. You can still ride trails during MX, but not during HS.

TV Land has is a decent little spot to camp out for the weekend with plenty of safe, fun riding around the 50 acre property. 4 tracks of all levels. No hillclimbs though. (I so wish). The trails aren't much either but can be fun for the day with the kids if they're dry.
But quiet and peaceful camping (campfires and fishing/swimming ok) about 15 minutes from both Pine Lake and Pymatuning lake state park
20150605_161125.jpg

Back