What a joke!!

MX_Implements

PR Addict
After looking at the results for the Southwest Series that series is a joke. Treaty City had no more than 75 riders , Dmc maybe had 140 at their last race and Cocr is always somewhere in between those two. Do the track owners or series organizer care ?

The series is dirt country and nothing more. Dayton does ok in the later months each year but is just so limited with its facilities. Cocr could be but since it's a club, forget it
Pretty excited about 62 but with only one weekend all year. It may be a long wait.
But you are correct. They don't care. Tons of racers in the area and crap for a selection.
OMA please include dirt country route 62 and east fork so the rest can close

Dayton usually is the largest draw in southwest ohio. I will say one thing about dirt country and DMC. They out draw the OMA tracks in the 40 plus class. There were something like 12 riders at Briar Cliff, Malvern has had very small turn outs, and DMC and DC both usually have about 15 riders. DMC sometimes more than that. Treaty City has done ticked off the majority of people in SW Ohio. The only ones going there are trying to cherry pick some points. COCR, just does not get good crowds. Not one of my favorites either.

Weasel, did you attend those two races?

COCR used to be one of my favorite tracks back in the day. I have not been there in so long though. What is so bad about it now?

The wire "fence" they have on the outside of the first turn. One whisky throttle away from slicing a rider into 7 equal size pieces.
That fence has been there forever. That's the least of their worries. These tracks are just s**t. Dust and same layouts are killers .
I raced Dirt Country once last year and the whole track cant be much wider than 6-7ft. The series lost the factory contingency. There's no reason when the Oma is pulling 300-500 riders per race for the battle series that the Southwest series can't pull their head out of their ass and get 200 riders.

The clowns that continue to race the "other series", knowing the outcome, and then continue to complain about it online, knowing full well the boat they were getting into before leaving to race, are becoming the real "joke".

Last year the Battle pulled 500-600+ btw.......Just sayin.

The clowns that continue to race the "other series", knowing the outcome, and then continue to complain about it online, knowing full well the boat they were getting into before leaving to race, are becoming the real "joke".

Well if "those guys" had more OMA options on there side of the state maybe they would not complain as much... scratch that, Maybe complain a little less.

I mean I agree with ck, it's a haul for racers coming from Logan, Athens, Cincinnati, Dayton... Closet race for them is BC and even at that it's a haul. I think furthest track for us on the OMA circuit was OIR, 3 hours from east Columbus. It sucks waking up at 330am to make it there at 7. But we continued to go because the tracks were awesome, races were ran efficiently, and the staffs were friendly and never made you feel unwelcome like some of the OSWMX have. Best thing to happen to that series is 62 getting involved, even if it is just for one race.

I mean I agree with ck, it's a haul for racers coming from Logan, Athens, Cincinnati, Dayton... Closet race for them is BC and even at that it's a haul. I think furthest track for us on the OMA circuit was OIR, 3 hours from east Columbus. It sucks waking up at 330am to make it there at 7. But we continued to go because the tracks were awesome, races were ran efficiently, and the staffs were friendly and never made you feel unwelcome like some of the OSWMX have. Best thing to happen to that series is 62 getting involved, even if it is just for one race.
I have been thinking about this thread since it started and have a thought.. Why would any one that claims to want to build the sport of MX want a series to fold up? To grow their piece of the pie? We always post about other tracks being open or racing whether they are in our series or not. I usually close to go to qualifiers or the battle races because I do love the sport and the awesome people I've met since opening these tracks.

The person that I assume you're talking about has tried to help a few tracks and those tracks chose to ignore the suggestions/help offered.
It's not rocket science to prep a track and most of the Southwest series track can't figured it out. The Dayton Motorcycle Club (DMC) has been holding races before all of us were born and they still can't get it right. Cocr use to be a top track that could handle 300 to 400 riders and now they can't keep the dust down for 100 riders.

Last edited:
I would question the last time you were at DMC. On race days the track is usually pretty decent these days and has been for quite a few years. Is there better tracks, sure. But it is by far horrible. And the usually get around 200-250 entries.

I would question the last time you were at DMC. On race days the track is usually pretty decent these days and has been for quite a few years. Is there better tracks, sure. But it is by far horrible. And the usually get around 200-250 entries.
John this Collin. Dmc only had one good race last year as far as dust. The track has barely changed in 10 years and they haven't had 200 riders in a long time. I think the last race maybe had 150.

Last year Dayton averaged 191.5 per race (235, 189, 173 and 169)
DC averaged 219
COCR 137.75
Treaty 105.75

Just saying

Back