Who's going to be the first one to buy this?

I duno dude, I'm not a rocket kinda guy (prolly cuz I'd be in jail or dead if I owned one), but I think it looks sick. Price can't be right though.

The heavily neutered US model is limited to 101 HP via a rev limit of 9,400 RPM. With a sport pack ECU ( not available for U.S. customers) it will rev to 14,000 RPM and make 215 HP.
It's a typical modern day Honda,, over priced and way under performing like every other Honda available today.
Old man Honda has to be rolling in his grave now and he wouldn't even work for modern day Honda corp.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2015/06/11/2016-honda-rc213v-s-confirmed-for-us-the-price-184k/

Yeah, bigger companies like Honda don't usually make typographical errors during the marketing phase of a product. In the brief tech write up, it basically says it is the GP bike other than lights/horn and some changes to the valve train and clutch to make it more durable/longer lasting.

Anybody with the cash to get one will have the cash to buy the sport pack ECU, no matter that they
may live in the US. The ultimate track day bike.

i dont understand what can make it cost that much, more than any other bike they are producing. im sure it doesnt, but they just put that tag on it, cuz they can. dumb.

The Kawasaki h2 (thought it was hp2) is like 32k, a bit much for a sport bike (living in ohio at least) but I mean it's sick and it's super charged. A guy in Columbus has one and let me tell you, that thing is nuts! I'd never own one personally, I think most of have is the BMW S1000RR (194 HP) it was the fastest production sportbike on the market from 2009-2015 until the kaw came about

My R1 was enough for anyone on the street. You can only go so fast on the road. Happy with my Harley these days.

My thoughts too, John. I've always had 600 sport bikes and they are PLENTY fast enough. I dont know why anyone in the world needs a 1000. These days i enjoy my victory cruiser! You get close to 100mph and it gets really sketchy!

My Deuce used to be sketchy up at about 105 plus. I just got rid of it and got a Street Glide. I can not believe how well it rides at 100 plus. It is smooth, and kid of like being in a car, you don't even realize your going that fast on it.

My victory gets it at 120 smooth as butter......any faster than that tho....eek.

And nobody needs anything more than a 600 except Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi...

Whose going to insure that ? Nobody. I don't care how nice that all state guy is....he isn't helping you with this bike. That's all states stand...

Last edited:
it's a MotoGP bike available to the public. Ducati did it years back with the Desmosedici that was in the $75k range IIRC. True MotoGP bikes are near the $1m mark

1M. I beleive that.

I also believe that Honda isn't stupid enough to sell a 1M moto gp bike publicly so the competition can buy it and tear it apart....

i dont understand what can make it cost that much, more than any other bike they are producing. im sure it doesnt, but they just put that tag on it, cuz they can. dumb.

I thought I read it has ti connecting rods, sand casted engine cases, mag rims, carbon body work ...

It's basically a MotoGP with technology that was available a few years ago, being sold in a limited quantity to cover the cost of development for the next generation of Honda's MotoGP bikes.

A number of years ago Honda sold the RCV1000R for $72,000 a unit, with 1,500 available. So, they sold a sweet $108 MILLION worth to fund future bikes.

Back