First time at VMD

Oldnslo

Noob
Hello to all,

Going to VMD and can't figure out what classes I can run with my machines......

First I would like to run the Hare Scramble on my 77 IT175 and then race a few MX classes. I have a 73 penton 125 , a 75 KX 250 and a 77 Maico 440AW.....I would like to race for a national title but am not sure how to proceed and I what classes....I am 52 years of age and really not an " A" class rider but can hold my own for a few laps with the next guy I imagine. Never raced a vintage event in my life and really struggle to understand my options. The AMA doesn't answer any of my questions....I am a ARMHA and AMA member. Any help is greatly appreciated. I would like to pre register for my classes...
Thanks in advance for your time...

Last edited:

Attachments

• AMA_Vintage_Motocross_Classes.sflb.ashx.pdf
    129.2 KB · Views: 104
Would the KX be "like design" and be vintage as well.....74, 75 and 76 KX were the same bike for all particular purposes....

The AMA is not too picky normally but it does say pre 75 so I would make sure you have less than 7 inches in the front and 4 inches in the rear and I would ask the AMA for sure. They might say something when you register as a 75 but if not you might get through inspection but the issue would come up if someone racing against you wanted to protest it. Also - are you sure the suspension is the same on the 75 as the 74? I am not a KX expert but there does look to be a difference from the pics I find - shock angle and travel.

Attachments

• AMA Vintage Classes 2015.pdf
    213.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I will leave the "like design " between you and ama,my personal opinion don't see where few if any riders could feel 1 inch more travel

I guess we shall see what the expert opinion of thr AMA is on that but I see no difference between my 74, 75 or 76.... They all basically suck equally in the suspension Dept. Worst forks in the world in my opinion...

Thanks for all the help guys.....I am now officially signed up for the hare scramble and three motocross classes. Looking forward to a fun weekend of racing and hopefully meeting a bunch of new friends in the process.....Good luck to everyone racing VMD 2015.....

Last edited:
The 74, 75 and 76 KX250s are ok in vintage as far as AHRMA is concerned so highly doubt the AMA has an issue with the 75 Kaw 250(due to like design).

Back