Smith Road Track Preview Wednesday (7/1)

mastiffmom

PR Addict
We will have the track set up Wednesday just like it will be for the race Saturday, it will be bikes only 4-dark

We got some rain last night but after walking the track and the sun coming out we feel confident that the track will shape up nicely for this evening

Tracks looking good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 175
I disagree with the track being great... it's deteriorating in some places and generally showing wear. The double-double or whatever is left of it now in the very back that was added new a year or so ago is basically like ski moguls now. The back side of the little left handed bump turn close to before the rollers is basically a giant hole. Lots of spots on the track are just hard pack with a little dirt on top that when wet(like tonight) turns into mud that just gets pushed off the top and turns into an ice rink. To sum it up, the track needs some maintenance, some jumps refaced, and all disc'd deep as you can get it (probably multiple passes).

Even with the hiccups, I had fun riding tonight. There were some nice ruts that formed that were a lot of fun. But overall it wasn't good enough to make me forget about the negatives. Not trying to be harsh, just wanted to give some constructive criticism!

Back