"Big Jumps" Pro rider's perspective

Lol. Everyone of them were apprehensive to answer and choose their works carefully. "It's good for the fans" is the nicest thing they could say. And the Dung nailed it. It's a race and not a jump contest. Some smart guy on here said the exact same thing. Maybe he is a fan of my options. If so, that's a smart guy. Stop busting his balls Hershey.

I think only one rider, Brayton said he liked them. Most had a long hesitation about them. The greatest riders in the world, and they are not comfortable jumping these massive jumps. I vote get rid of the super leaps.

I've gotta say yes they are mostly for the fans. I love seeing these guys air their bikes out! I can't speak for all the jumps because I haven't seen them in person. I will say the one at High Point looked to be a fairly safe jump. Yes I know somebody " can't remember his name right now and don't feel like looking it up" had a gnarly crash off of it, but it also was a freak accident. That could happen off a 30ft double, maybe not the carnage but the same result. In my opinion the jump had plenty of run at it and the landing looked pretty forgiving.

"Would I jump it myself?" , Hell no, but I'm a C probably D rider at best anymore. These guys jump this stuff in their own back yards on their practice tracks. Don't think so, just check out youtube for awhile. I think the biggest picture of it all is keeping the run up to, the face of, and the landing of the jump as clean as possible. I'm all for the track getting rutted up and leaving the braking bumps and what not because it makes for great racing, but if you are gonna have some massive huck, then take the time to prep it and keep it safe for each moto. Just my 2 cents, which are worth absolutely nothing. :)

Last edited:
Back