Buying motorcycle parts

Holderbaum256

PR Addict
Recently I've been trying to buy parts for some of my bikes. Upon calling all dealerships and their parts department I cannot get any part without it having to be ordered.this is becoming quite frustrating. I'm not asking for any major parts just spark plugs cables simple stuff but it all has to be ordered and it takes a week to get here. I'm non asking for any major parts just spark plugs cables simple stuff but it all has to be ordered. Can somebody explain why this is and possibly what we can do to fix the problem. I try to buy local as much as possible but it seems to be impossible to do so.

Hench the problem with some local dealers. And when you do order why does it take a week or more sometimes? I order from Rocky Mountain MC at 6:55pm on Monday and at 10:00 am on Wednesday it is on my front porch.

I gave up a long time ago. THe dealers local to me never have anything in stock. Plenty of parts fit multiple bikes, brake pads, oil filters, spark plugs, levers, etc.. and they never have crap. Hell, I called 1 larger dealer near me that didnt even have a TUBE for my bike.

Definitely local dealers parts departments looking scarcer than ever... Half the time they just order ur part from a catalog and I can do that myself for less headache

I don't know what kind of bike you are buying parts for but Action Sports in Alliance has the greatest supply of parts in this area for Yamaha's and Suzuki's. They also know their stuff and go above and beyond what they have to. They are more of a parts store than a bike dealer IMO. I also like to support my local shops but they are obviously more interested in selling bikes to the average joe than supporting the local racer. Have you ever called your local dealer to try and get some work done to your race bike??? Ya, we can have that ready for you in 8 weeks, I don't think so.... thats why I buy my own parts and do some of the work myself and the rest of it I take to local mechanics. Anyway, there is a KTM dealer in Akron who does a great job stocking parts but is about 3 to 20 times more expensive than any other KTM dealer so he is off my list as a place to buy parts from.

I been gettin stuff in 2 days from north ridge yamaha. And cheaper than motosport and Amazon. So ill just stay at north ridge.

Gollan's Honda, Suzuki in Warren, OH. They always have what I need. Normal wear parts in stock, and everything else within the week

If your riding KTM Pointview cycles stocks a ton of parts!!!! And if they don't have it the can get it by the next day. Great guys and almost always beat online pricing.

Amazon stocks parts now? My god they are the Walmart x10 of the Internet...
bought many parts on amazon because I dont know how they price them so cheap. I call the manufacturer and they won't even sell it to me for that. Now that they charge sales tax for Ohio it's not even worth using amazon, better off just buying from the shop.

Last edited:
I gave up a long time ago. THe dealers local to me never have anything in stock. Plenty of parts fit multiple bikes, brake pads, oil filters, spark plugs, levers, etc.. and they never have crap. Hell, I called 1 larger dealer near me that didnt even have a TUBE for my bike.

That's probably because you ran them out of stock already.....

Amazon doesnt stock anything, its all drop shipped from the manufacturer or wholesale distributor

are you trying to stir the amazon pot? and this forum really needs a ROFL smiley

2E5ZaYQ.png

Amazon was selling FMF pipes for $400 off retail when I was looking for my 13 450. Couldn't buy them from fmf for that without a sponsorship.​

Just be careful buying off amazon. I got one or two things from them that said it fit and did not fit.

When I had my Yamaha Breyley had a lot of stuff in stock I needed and so did sills for my Honda. Rick rousch never had one thing I asked for pretty much.

Not sure where you are located but Cycle Tech in Bucyrus, Oh stocks a lot of stuff you normally wouldn't see at a lot of shops. I am always amazed at the things he has when I call him up.

Back