2015 VMD Vintage Grand National Champion Trevor Kline

Ironbutt

Noob
For all those who attended Vintage Days what a blast it was! The weather did not slow Trevor Kline down on his 1974 400 Husky in the mud on Friday! His closest competition was Multi-time ISDE Veteran Jeff Fredette. Trevor made it look easy but we all know it wasn't.

In the vintage MX on Saturday the track just turned out awesome! After practice you could just tell it was going to shape up nicely. What a great design! Even the start location was different though next year a slight adjustment should be made to slow it down so the scary crashes don't happen as often. I was very impressed with how the AMA kept everything flowing in their time management. The AMA definitely did their homework on that aspect.

Trevor rode (2) of my Husqvarna's in the vintage MX 250 A & Open A and I think I was more nervous watching him than ever before. This young man could ride any brand of motorcycle and win on it but he sure made my bikes look good. Trevor won both classes with style & sportsmanship as in his first Open moto he collided with another rider in a turn and went down. He picked himself up as everyone went by and began a charge to the front that was exciting to say the least. On the last lap he made his way to the front and took the win. Afterwards he found the rider he ran in to and apologized for his mistake.
From there Trevor put his head down and put on a show as he rode the wheels off the bikes and won his remaining moto's.

All the questions I asked on this site was because I was concerned on how it would all play out because Trevor was competing for the Vintage Grand National Championship so his next adventure was on Sunday as the rain came back it proved to make the Trials event a slippery, muddy mess. This is where the concern for being able to get the Trials event done and get back in time for the 3rd set of moto's. After the second loop was completed the word came that the 3rd moto's were cancelled and what a relief that was! However if they would have not been cancelled I still kept track of time and Trevor would have had less than 10 minutes to prepare for his 3rd moto's. As a spectator at the trials it was obvious everyone would struggle to complete the stages without loosing any points.

Trevor finished his 4 loops on his Old Bultaco and placed 3rd in his class and with that he solidified his chances of being the AMA Vintage Grand National Champion. This was Trevor's 3rd attempt at winning it and the last couple years he lost it on technicalities. This year he proved without a doubt he was the man to beat.
I couldn't have been more excited to call my parents and tell them the news about Trevor. The bikes Trevor raced were originally sold through my parents business that they owned back in the day (J & J Cycle Sales) somehow I found these bikes and was able to trace them back with inventory paperwork my parents had kept after they sold their business many years ago so it was special to them as well to here that Trevor had won on the old Husky's.

Thank you all for kind words & congratulations I have already received but none of this could have happened if it weren't for my parents & the skills of Trevor Kline.

I followed you and Trevor through tech inspection Saturday morning. Those are beautiful Husqvarnas. Makes me want one.

I don't know the Klines personally, but I do know that Trevor and his dad have been at it for a long time. Back when I first began riding again, (about 15 years ago now), it seemed like they were entering every type of event going. Trevor was commonly spoke of in our old District 11 newsletter.

Congratulations.

Big Congrats to Trevor and Mikey!! And Charlie!! You all did a awesome job!!! And Mikey I love my new goggles!!!

Thank you Big $$$

Your outfit Friday on the podium was priceless... I'm glad you like the goggles...They are all you!

Back