Smith rd raceway !

hershey

PR Elite
I just wanted to take a minute to talk about Smith rd.

I have noticed this year that they have taken track prep a little more serious than the last couple years IMO. They have gotten better at keeping conditions less dusty and hard pack, added new dirt and most importantly , I think any way, they have changed small parts of the track each time I have been there! It takes the boredom away with new corners each time!

Last week with the rain and prep the track was supreme, perfect traction every where. Not to mention there were like 15 kids riding the pee wee track which made it so much more fun for my son and others Im sure.

Thanks Smith rd and keep up the great work, IMO you have the best MX practice track around with so many corners, lines, riders, passing and line choice in our area.

I just wanted to take a minute to talk about Smith rd.

I have noticed this year that they have taken track prep a little more serious than the last couple years IMO. They have gotten better at keeping conditions less dusty and hard pack, added new dirt and most importantly , I think any way, they have changed small parts of the track each time I have been there! It takes the boredom away with new corners each time!

Last week with the rain and prep the track was supreme, perfect traction every where. Not to mention there were like 15 kids riding the pee wee track which made it so much more fun for my son and others Im sure.

Thanks Smith rd and keep up the great work, IMO you have the best MX practice track around with so many corners, lines, riders, passing and line choice in our area.

.. And getting vet riders like Rocket there so he can show Mitchy what good technique looks like.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Style Check....

Mitchy is developing very good riding form and his style hasn't been developed by me, I like the Style Check, as he is doing everything correctly through the turn....

Smith Rd has been perfect the past 2 weeks with fun track layouts with lots of different style turns and obstacles to work on your riding.

I often wonder why the photographers don't leave cards at the concession stand or post links on the Fb page or here on pitracer, do they just give links directly to the riders who ask them? Very few let us know who they are and people are always asking... you can check bdavis photography he takes pictures at the track pretty often. I know on of our vet riders was taking pictures of his friends but I don't think he posts them anywhere.

First time in years to smith road and first time on the new bike. Very fun track that developed some great ruts. A little muddy to start the night but much needed to keep the dust down. Place was pretty busy for a Wednesday night I'd say. Great job to the Smith road crew!

On a side note got to meet Trent56 and the man the myth the legend Hershey... Cool dudes hope to see them out again sometime and maybe have them give me some vet pointers...

First time in years to smith road and first time on the new bike. Very fun track that developed some great ruts. A little muddy to start the night but much needed to keep the dust down. Place was pretty busy for a Wednesday night I'd say. Great job to the Smith road crew!

On a side note got to meet Trent56 and the man the myth the legend Hershey... Cool dudes hope to see them out again sometime and maybe have them give me some vet pointers...

!!! You got a bike !!! Did Emily know about your smith plans tonight? We almost went, but I would have thought about it longer if I knew you were riding. Mx213 this weekend?

Haha.... I though you were all talk! It was nice meeting you, I would have talked longer but had the kids up on the mini track. You are more than welcome to come ride at the house here too if you want. Also you have no excuse for missing Davefest this year!

Again Smith rd changed up the track a little! Great to see, also the Pee Wee track was off the hook busy! The $15 admission for that must be working wonders, the last 2 weeks have been busy up there! Austin LOVES it when there are lots of kids to ride with.

I know it was hot and super busy but honestly both tracks were a little sketchy because of the amount of dust. There were a few times I couldnt see where I was going and on the little track I couldnt see my boy 50' away. Hopefully you guys learned from this one.

Great practice track for corners and ruts, great to see so many riders! It makes it fun and challenging. Keep it up!

I know it was hot and super busy but honestly both tracks were a little sketchy because of the amount of dust. There were a few times I couldnt see where I was going and on the little track I couldnt see my boy 50' away. Hopefully you guys learned from this one.

A friend of mine had his two boys there for the first time last night (he was parked next to you) and said it was pretty dusty on the kids track. He was told they watered early, but not enough apparently. Said his boys had a great time despite that.

!!! You got a bike !!! Did Emily know about your smith plans tonight? We almost went, but I would have thought about it longer if I knew you were riding. Mx213 this weekend?
Yeah Dan finally pulled the trigger went back to the 4t since I'm out of shape lol... I'm on vacation so I haven't seen Emily to say anything... Definitely looking forward to riding with u guys sometime.. I'm probably hitting beans on Sunday just to prove people can ride there and not have to be awesome jumpers... Mx213 is a race right? Not seeing me lining up this year for racing just looking for some fun and to regain confidence

Reactions: DTS
How do you like the 350??
I like it a lot... Very powerful don't see how anyone needs a 450 really... Might put larger tooth on rear sprocket but overall very light feeling bike that is easy to start lol... Hopefully if I get any faster I'll be able to give a better review... The bike does like to be wound out so I'm going to work on that hahaha

We apologize for the dust issue last night we discovered just before practice that some of the sprinklers were not working, Larry will be spending this week fixing them and he will also be trucking in a ton of sawdust and dirt to spread over the peewee track and big track, which holds the moisture nicely and helps us to avoid over watering and keep the dust down. We had more riders last night then we have ever had for a practice so that contributed a bit as well (a great problem to have :)) The problem will be addressed and we hope to see everyone again soon! My two little guys are riding the peewee track now too, so we love to see more kids turning out to ride with them, my daughter is the pink pw she's getting a little more gutsy now that grandpa rebuilt her top end & my son is on the ktm jr adventurer, they had a blast last night with all the other kiddos. Thank you all for coming out!

We apologize for the dust issue last night we discovered just before practice that some of the sprinklers were not working, Larry will be spending this week fixing them and he will also be trucking in a ton of sawdust and dirt to spread over the peewee track and big track, which holds the moisture nicely and helps us to avoid over watering and keep the dust down. We had more riders last night then we have ever had for a practice so that contributed a bit as well (a great problem to have :)) The problem will be addressed and we hope to see everyone again soon! My two little guys are riding the peewee track now too, so we love to see more kids turning out to ride with them, my daughter is the pink pw she's getting a little more gutsy now that grandpa rebuilt her top end & my son is on the ktm jr adventurer, they had a blast last night with all the other kiddos. Thank you all for coming out!

She was going great on the pink PW! Cant wait to come back next week.

the "good" parts of the track were pretty good. the other parts.. well. yeah. looks like you guys are making improvements, keep up the good work.

Yeah Dan finally pulled the trigger went back to the 4t since I'm out of shape lol... I'm on vacation so I haven't seen Emily to say anything... Definitely looking forward to riding with u guys sometime.. I'm probably hitting beans on Sunday just to prove people can ride there and not have to be awesome jumpers... Mx213 is a race right? Not seeing me lining up this year for racing just looking for some fun and to regain confidence

Mx213 has open practice sat 10-4. I'm real stoked you got a bike!

Mx213 has open practice sat 10-4. I'm real stoked you got a bike!
Thanks Dan hope to see you ripping that 125 real soon. I already had other plans Saturday which is why I hope to ride beans Sunday u guys should come there it's closer right? It's a bucket list for every Ohio mx rider to hit the famous tunnel jump and believe me back in the early 125 days that was a thrill like no other... Seriously one of main things that make me feel like I need to keep riding

Yeah, good to meet you Mr 171. That KTM is mint!

Thought the track held up well for the amount of riders with the temperature, great rut practice.

Got to chase Mitchy Z boy around a few laps, and yell at Sharc a few times haha

Back