New Honda 2t motor ...

JB_519

PR Addict
Anyone else seen this floating around in the media last several days !?!? Quite interesting !

image.jpg

This must be a Jeopardy question...

Alex, I will take Stupid Japanese ideas for $8000

The answer is: How can we make a 2 stoke engine cost double.

What are mechanical valves?

I was just thinking what would it take to lure CK1 out of his weekend slumber.......ding ding....and we have one of the best ideas since aluminum frames behind door #1. It still has less moving internal parts.....

The google hit i was reading talks about how the long stroke and mounting flange (bottom) suggest this to be a motor for industrial power tools (just someone elses thoughts, not saying this is what the motor will be used for) But its a step in the right direction.

I agree with the notion that it likely is not for a motorcycle. The mounts are basically rule out that possibility, and the long stroke with the abuse a motorcycle can dish out would spell unreliable.

This must be a Jeopardy question...

Alex, I will take Stupid Japanese ideas for $8000

The answer is: How can we make a 2 stoke engine cost double.

What are mechanical valves?
I heard they're patent is so nobody else can produce it. Another clever way to make the 2 stroke die.

More often than not the end product does not end up looking like the patent drawings. They will submit the patent to cover the broadest spectrum possible then use the patent idea for what ever purpose they see fit.

If that's true, I officially hate Honda with a passion. What happened to KTM and their direct injection, I thought it was supposed to be developed by now?

I talked to a ktm dealer near central ohio, and he said ktm won't drop the DI until the epa really starts to bitch about the pollution from 2smokes

Back