Dirt Country

cutty22

PR Member
I would like to give Dirt Country a huge shout out!!! I raced my post vintage bike today for free!! That is awesome for a track to give free entries for vintage racers! I had fun talking with some of the pit racer members too!!

Agree 100%, was a ton of fun and the track had quite a bit of "do I really want to jump this" which added some excitement for sure. If my math is right there were 12 jumps on the track. If Dirt Country wants to throw a moto in the lineup for us again I am willing to pay-great job. Was home and completely unloaded by 5:30 in Columbus. You do not want to know what the weekend cost me either! I would have spent more money if I stayed home.

Last edited:
Echo the thank you to the crew at Dirt Country for a first class day. Flashback to the 80s day with no entry fee for Vintage and Post Vintage bikes. I would gladly pay an entry fee in the future for a Vintage/Post Vintage gate.

Also want to thank Bill88L for some much needed riding advice on how to corner better in the ruts - made a huge difference for me between practice and my races.

Free racing brought some guys back to the track after a lot of years away and gave me some folks to battle with. Hope to see them post on PitRacer and start racing more often.

The highlight of my day was having the best seat in the house to watch EvoMX244 and Cutty22 jump a couple of big doubles on their really nice 82 YZ250 and 83 RM250. I had the best seat because they both lapped me right before those big doubles and it was amazing watching them soar. Just WOW is my only comment!

I had a blast this weekend racing and hanging out with a great group of guys. Thank you Dirt Country for putting that together, the track was great all weekend. I hope that they make this an annual event. It was nice that the vintage guys raced for free but I would pay to do that again. Don't let Bill88L full you he handled the jumps like a pro, we had battles in both motos. I really enjoyed talking to Randy Bryant, it brought back some great memories from when I started in 79. Randy was the man back then, when his moto was up I would go to the fence to watch how it was done..Thank you Dirt Country for a nice weekend

Finally got a picture I've wanting to take since I got my old YZ completed. Had my dad build me a box like he made back in 82. I was more excited about getting the picture than racing :)

Dirt Country back in 1982

From this weekend

Even like the new, improved, "tall", evo box stand.
Did they run two classes?
I should have skipped the GP this past weekend to ride an old bike.

Never notice it was a bit taller :)

2 classes something like up to 79 and 1980-1989. It was a hoot ! I liked riding my 82 way more than my KTM 350

11731799_10204664454030522_3882563738788168446_o.jpg

Pretty in JT pink. Where'd you get that gear?

Back