50 and 65 only practice day! Anyone?

How about just doing 2 sessions each practice day for each the 50 and 65 kids ? 15 mins per session, thats one hour out of the day. The rest of the time its to the pee wee track for the slow ones?? Or is that too much a pain in your ass and not worth it ?
We try to do that on days we have a lot of lil bikes. The only problem is when you park 100+ big bikes for 10 lil bikes it can be a problem. I like the idea of mini practice day on big track. But then you will have super fast kids trying to not run over slower kids

Great idea, but no way to inform those people without internets though, or many of the people for that matter. I know screw them, sounds easy, but they will still be pissed and do 4th gear holeshots up the driveway when they leave. We had people pissed on KTM Demo day, because the C track was reserved for Demos.

haha.....I understand. Maybe if it was built into the yearly schedule and communicated starting this year for it to be implemented next year........maybe then they would only gesture to you that you're number one instead of doing 4th gear holeshots on the driveway.

We try to do that on days we have a lot of lil bikes. The only problem is when you park 100+ big bikes for 10 lil bikes it can be a problem. I like the idea of mini practice day on big track. But then you will have super fast kids trying to not run over slower kids

You could take your smaller (original?) track and make it closed to big bikes every other Saturday. There is seriously a huge void for kids who race to get lots of seat time on good tracks. When 50 kids race they usually run 3 lap motos. If they run 2 classes that's 6 laps of practice and 12 laps of racing.....6 at fair races.

You could take your smaller (original?) track and make it closed to big bikes every other Saturday. There is seriously a huge void for kids who race to get lots of seat time on good tracks. When 50 kids race they usually run 3 lap motos. If they run 2 classes that's 6 laps of practice and 12 laps of racing.....6 at fair races.
I agree 100%. That's the reason kids take over our indoor track in the winter. I know it's not much but it's only minis racing in a 9 race series.

I agree 100%. That's the reason kids take over our indoor track in the winter. I know it's not much but it's only minis racing in a 9 race series.

And the exact reason why an outdoor track needs to do it in the summer. Look at the success of your series. Didn't you have a 200 rider event this winter?

We had a good rider count per race. Never hit 200... But it was close a few times. The time you came Hershey was really busy. I've thought about a outdoor series like the indoor we are currently doing. Just have to try it and see how it goes.

haha.....I understand. Maybe if it was built into the yearly schedule and communicated starting this year for it to be implemented next year........maybe then they would only gesture to you that you're number one instead of doing 4th gear holeshots on the driveway.

A big step I would like to work towards is alternating big bikes/quads, with little bikes on the C track, like every half hour. That would be huge. Still not sure how that will work with prep, and the few big track sessions that we sometimes do.....very dynamic the BC practice day can be.

we talked about doing this in the fall after the fair races and battle series was over. Would be good to do since we do mini indoor series all winter. Pick a date CK and we will try it!
I say October 4 or 11. There are no OMA or D-11 races those days.
If you can do it, I will see about getting a multi time Loretta Lynn's champion to come coach the kids. Maybe even a few other guests as well.

You had an opportunity for your boy this weekend. Apparently your cell doenst work and you dont check your PM's!!!
You got to give me more a little advance notice. My racing / practice plans got trumped this past weekend by Moms plans to take the kids to some damn recycling festival. Yeah, it was just as exciting as it sounds. Have to keep her happy since the next two weekends are full of moto.

You got to give me more a little advance notice. My racing / practice plans got trumped this past weekend by Moms plans to take the kids to some damn recycling festival. Yeah, it was just as exciting as it sounds. Have to keep her happy since the next two weekends are full of moto.

Sorry, I only found out friday myself.

You going to the battle?

Back