Battlesburg MX 8/8 and 8/9

The gopro wasn't from a regular open practice day, and I assume they didn't have it prepped as such, so I'd at least give them that. I wouldn't assume that's what it's gonna look like when you pull in on a Saturday morning...
That's poor marketing though, I'd wanna have it look primo if I was posting a video of it for my potential customers to see. Speaking of marketing, they only posted on Facebook, someone else just shared it here on pitracer, right?
Guess I'm a pitracer whiner now.

Hey- we can all go ride in the sand dunes up in Michigan if we want.... Hell, we can all go ride in a grassy field right off the freeway...
How about Moab in Utah or the desert? If all we're looking for is "a place to operate our machines", we can run the power lines next to the turnpike.
Tracks and track prep, matter. A lot.

Let's just hope he doesn't have delusions of grandeur because the Burg, is the Burg until someone kicks serious bucks. Maybe they should advertise at Wellsville. I bet those people will all bring their machines and come have a grand old time in work boots and quads.

Sad part is, those "work boot" type and their quads can pay ALL the bills... I attended our 1st GNCC event and could not believe the amount of riders and spectators... The MX track at the Penton GNCC event in Ohio is just a lil part of the show.... IF, you own land and love motorsports, build a GNCC type course...unfortunately, MX only is not gonna make the land owner rich.

Seriously, good to hear is opening back up. Like Paul said though, you can't just spray some water and churn the rocks to the surface and declare ready to go.

Quads there will only hurt not help. Quads have one purpose at a track, that's to work the grease out after intermission prep.

Is it "allowed" for us quad guys to love watching ya bike guys fly around the track? I personally think all of ya are nuts. We are a "quad" racing family BUT myself and my son love watching a fast bike rider..

Hey Paul, the guy decides to give ppl another option to ride and ya wanna cry about it... IF you don't like it don't go. He's not holding races...just a place to ride...not trying to make it the James Stewart compound...

I'm assuming he's (the owner/person running the track now) not trying to "just give people a place to ride".. he's trying to make money. And if he goes into with the attitude of "just giving people a place to ride" he will do the opposite (lose money). It's all or nothing really. I can only imagine how many gallons of diesel had to be burnt to get it back into riding shape.

When I heard B-Burg was opening back up I had the same reaction as Paul.. (Really?? Did they haul all the old "dirt" out and bring all new dirt in?)

I love hearing about old tracks opening up, however opening is one thing, and staying open is another. I also like to see those tracks succeed.

Side note, someone should open Outlaw back up for 2016. And Shecks. Thanks!

Not taking sides here, but a factoid all of you might find interesting. We burnt 220 gallons last weekend on one tractor, dozer, and truck. That's just prep. No track changes, more or less maintenance. That's not machine hours either. Probably 80 machine hours at a cost of nearly, 2000-2400 dollars depending on your opinion to maintain and expense a machine. That doesn't include repairs, such as a starter for the Mack. That's not including manhours. So yes most of you are right, this sport isn't cheap. It's an all in type of deal. Best of luck to the new owners, it's a hell of thing TRYING to run a track and do it well. It will either prove that you have strength and tenacious love for motocross or it will break you and leave you for dead.

I'm just happy I have a place I can go ride that's fairly close and is quad friendly. Sick of the anti-quad BS and not having places to go ride. You don't here me saying get rid of the bikes because they make ruts. I like watching the bike guys tear it up out on the track and have a lot of respect with what they can do on 2 wheels. Yeah it needs some work but it has potential, the layout is fun and the longer practice sessions were nice. And JO those numbers are unreal. Can't imagine running a track at that scale.

Made the trip out today.

My opinion: If you liked this track before then you will still like it(maybe a bit more). If you didn't like it you probably won't like it.

It has made some improvements in the track itself and keeping the dust down. The alternating(quads 30mins- bikes 30mins) practice was a bit different for me but they have trails to keep your seat time up.

Overall I wasn't blow away but I also had fun.

Made the trip out today.

My opinion: If you liked this track before then you will still like it(maybe a bit more). If you didn't like it you probably won't like it.

It has made some improvements in the track itself and keeping the dust down. The alternating(quads 30mins- bikes 30mins) practice was a bit different for me but they have trails to keep your seat time up.

Overall I wasn't blow away but I also had fun.
Well put... I pitted next to you today didn't think to ask if u were on pitracer shame on me to the pitracer moderators lol. Anyways nice to meet you. Like mentioned the track was fun and has some improvements. It did have its ole dusty moments but mostly from quads or from anyone on the pit roads. All in all honesty it was a good day. Parts of the track had some really loamy sections while the rest not so much. Crew did good job from what I saw and hopefully they have plans in future to build on what is there most important just tilling the dirt good. I really didn't feel like the quads hurt the track either if u know what I mean. Those guys are crazy good riders just wish they didn't dust up the place lol. I'll be back again... Seat time four weeks in a row now I'm on a roll hahaha

Well I'd like to start this out by thanking toth17 for posting our (I understand) late announcement that we were re-opening but unfortunately I was unable to make an account before the day! Second I would like to take a second to introduce ourselves. For some of you the new owners are the Hilton's we've been in the race screen for quite a few years and have decided to give Battlesburg one last shot before closing the gates for good. We are a very close knit family who love the sport of motocross both for bikes and quads and the motocross family that comes along with it. We hope to eventually get everyone to set aside their options of what Battlesburg "used" to be and come out and see what it has become.

For the 2015 remaining motocross season we have not made a HUGE amount of changes to the track. Like briarcliff stated "it's not cheap" we are also, like most people know, starting from the ground up. For those who have any questions about track prep and watering....we do a lot of track prep and a lot of watering! We don't have the top of the line equipment but we have enough to make it work. between prepping watering and physically walking the track 4 days a week to remove rocks we are trying out hardest to make the track better. We haven't made a lot of changes to the track this year for the mere fact that we wanted to get things open and figure out what works and what does not work before we decide on making any changes. Unfortunately the dust is still a small problem but everyone needs to keep in mind we HAVE NOT had any rain here for almost a month now! We do the best we can keeping it wet and keeping the dust down!

For those of you that checked out the go pro of our track! It DOES NOT give it justice 1. We had been working on jumps and it had not been prepped or watered and 2. What video does any justice unless you see it for yourself? For those of you who are curious why there was no previous discussion or annoucment before the week before... That's how we wanted it! For the past 17 years we have been on the other side of the sport we weren't sure what to expect or how things were going to pan out so we decided to start small. We've had 2 weekends of practice so far and getting the hang of everything.... It takes time money and hard labor! But the 5 of us are making it work and working out kinks as we go just give us some time and support!

For all of you that is concerned about us allowing bikes AND Quads on our track.... We want everyone to have a fun safe place to ride whether you ride 2 wheels or 4.

WE ARE ONLY A PRACTICE TRACK!! I personally have been to quite a few practice tracks from around the area and they have done little to no prep.... So why bash on us? Every track is different has different dirt different layout as different everything... If we were all the same what would be the point of having more then one? We spend 2+ days before we open prepping and water plus 4+ hours before we open prepping and watering our track we also take an hour intermission to prep and water our track... We know the dust issue we know the rut issue... We do what we can to make it prime for all kinds of riders. We do hold our practice different... 30 minute practices! You have 30 minutes to get what you want out of your 30 minutes.... 30 minutes is more then enough time to run balls to the wall and a 30 minute break to rest fuel up and cool down before running your heart out again.... Like it was stated we also have woods and a hair scramble track to keep yourself busy if you would like to keep going.

For anyone that is interested we are open every weekend gates open at 9am and we like to start bikes at 10 quads at 1030.... It is $20.00 per person to ride! Our last practice will go out at 5:30 we close at 6:00! There is the big track, woods, and a pee wee track (FOR BEGININGERS AND PEE WEES ONLY) we are good hearted people that love this sport and want to give people a place to ride and have fun!

Back