Nickota vintage race sept 5/6 who's in ?

Sitting at a hospital and disappointed I couldn't get there. My daughter had a kidney stone last Thursday that was too big to pass. This caused an infection, sepsis, and surgery which got pretty serious. She is doing better now and should get out by tomorrow.

I kept trying to figure out how to get down to the race but needed to be with her when the surgeon made his rounds yesterday morning.

Glad you guys went.

Glad to hear that all worked out Dano and you definitely get a pass from me for the miss.... As evo said it really could be a good event it they could get interest. I'm glad he rode my bike, he actually gave me some pointers that should help! It was fun track and the people running it were great. We did tell them it might go much better if it weren't on a holiday weekend competing with two AHRMA events.

Our local series up here runs in conjunction with a modern race most of the time. We only have 4 classes, so it's not too difficult.

However, they have been doing a hybrid race set up that works great. On Saturdays, practice starts at 9 AM. We run the 4 vintage classes only. Racing is done by noon. Then, the track offers open practice for all riders from 12-5. Very profitable for most tracks and doesn't take much effort for the scoring crew.

That's too bad, I hope they can give it another chance. with AMA, AHRMA or anybody. Looks like a quality track and organization.

We had a fantastic vintage event at Lake Sugar Tree, exceptional track, good turnout, and that guy. That "GUY" none other than " THE PROFFESOR" Gary Bailey waving his arms and yelling at me to go faster in the corners. Just a class act who is undisputedly the number 1 MX teacher of all times, I still have his original 1974 book "How To Win at Motocross". Some of the Vintage guys who were there Saturday were invited back to Gary's home Saturday night and got a chance to see all his memorabilia and have a beer with him.

Lots of OHIO guys there, travelers from FL,KS, PA,MO, TX, one guy even pulled his toy hauler from Colorado. Strong riders, big gate in 50+ 13 intermediates and 6 experts, including a couple of ex pro's Denny's Swartz (The KING of Maico's), and Sam Dayton rocking his RM, with our own MXKID finishing in between them, made for some fast laps (and fast lappers).

I was talking about the AMA Kentucky event with a few Ohio guys and we hoped you had a good turnout, and all agreed we would have been there if the schedules could be coordinated better.

Just checked the results 163 total class entry's for Vintage & Post Vintage, not bad.

Last edited:
Back