A day to make you think.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
With the significants of this day in history, it becomes very important to me (and Im sure most) to take time for thought. Crazy how much our lives have changed over the past 14 years. Even more crazy is how quickly we have shifted back to the political correct BS as to not hurt anyone "feelings". 15 years ago if Bruce Jenner wanted to wear a dress then we would have called him queer. Now people call "it" Catlin. 14 years ago our President said he was going after the SOB that attacked our country, Now YOUR president is helping them get "nuclear power". Yeah, Im sure that's all they want. Dude, they are setting on top of one of the larges deposits of oil in the world. They don't need nukes to heat their homes. But, I digress.
As to keep this more moto related I have also been thinking about our history vs. where we are now and I need some answers.
1. We use to sign one release when we signed up. Now EVERYONE signs at the gate. Then the entry card has a release and then their is another release for all riders to sign. (not to mention the minor release and other releases that some tracks pile on. WHY cant we just include all the information from the 35 different release onto the one everyone signs at the gate? DUH!
2. Where did the carbon copy entry form that every track use go? It had the basic questions that all tracks needed. Now we get a full page document to fill out that asks you to write down the exact stuff that is on the AMA card. Big it back or better yet, go to the system that DMC and a few other tracks use. The computer that you swipe your card, pick your classes and pay. Again, DUH.
3. The starting gate. Really this is a 2 part issue. First, the concrete pad. A few tracks paved the gate area and it prevented ruts behind the gate and keep the area clean so the gate operated better. Sure it was a little weird starting on pavement but the benefit outweighs the negatives. Second, what happened to the "backstop" that was behind the bikes? This prevented riders from getting a rolling start and thus keeping you from blowing out the gate. Some tracks still have them but why not all?
4. Why does everyone feel complied to put graphics all over the bikes? Every bike comes with graphics and a clean surface to put numbers on. Heck KTM (and I think others) even mold the graphics in to the plastic so they don't ware off. Dudes then cover them with giant expensive stickers with various company logos just to make them look like a pro riders bike. If you are not getting PAID for this then you are a fool. You are PAYING money to advertise for a company you do not benefit from. Crazy.
5. Lastly. Drawing spoons. It was kinda fun to pull the spoon or clothes pin on the gate to see when you went up. Now it is "automatically" generated by some computer system. Well that is just boring. That is like going up to play the lottery and the clerk taking your money and just saying "You lost".

Anyway, Make sure you take some time today for thought. Even better, pay it forward and do a random act of kindness for someone. I paid for the guy behind me at McDonalds drive thru this morning. Far better yet. Thank a vet or active member of the military for their service. That is real political correctness.

1. We use to sign one release when we signed up. Now EVERYONE signs at the gate. Then the entry card has a release and then their is another release for all riders to sign. (not to mention the minor release and other releases that some tracks pile on. WHY cant we just include all the information from the 35 different release onto the one everyone signs at the gate? DUH!

Why cant we agree to exhile the lawyers to Mexico? Then we wouldn't need any releases, right?

2. Where did the carbon copy entry form that every track use go? It had the basic questions that all tracks needed. Now we get a full page document to fill out that asks you to write down the exact stuff that is on the AMA card. Big it back or better yet, go to the system that DMC and a few other tracks use. The computer that you swipe your card, pick your classes and pay. Again, DUH.

I got those swipers somewhere......maybe its time to revisit.....or just leave it alone.....not my department.

3. The starting gate. Really this is a 2 part issue. First, the concrete pad. A few tracks paved the gate area and it prevented ruts behind the gate and keep the area clean so the gate operated better. Sure it was a little weird starting on pavement but the benefit outweighs the negatives. Second, what happened to the "backstop" that was behind the bikes? This prevented riders from getting a rolling start and thus keeping you from blowing out the gate. Some tracks still have them but why not all?

Concrete starts suck, end of story. Back stops make it hard to maintain a GOOD dirt start. What we need is a laser beam that gets turned on when the card gets turned, if you smell something burning, then your cheating!

4. Why does everyone feel complied to put graphics all over the bikes? Every bike comes with graphics and a clean surface to put numbers on. Heck KTM (and I think others) even mold the graphics in to the plastic so they don't ware off. Dudes then cover them with giant expensive stickers with various company logos just to make them look like a pro riders bike. If you are not getting PAID for this then you are a fool. You are PAYING money to advertise for a company you do not benefit from. Crazy.

give it up 1985 happened, its oooooover.

5. Lastly. Drawing spoons. It was kinda fun to pull the spoon or clothes pin on the gate to see when you went up. Now it is "automatically" generated by some computer system. Well that is just boring. That is like going up to play the lottery and the clerk taking your money and just saying "You lost".

See previous answer.

Concrete starts cost me money. They round off my sharp knobbies.
So the quarter of a second you are under power off a concrete pad does more damage then that evil sand section your going on and on about? Ha ha
I like concrete. Enjoy watching the idiots do burn outs like it is going to help. These are the same guys that practice scrubs for hours to save a millisecond then coast around the next corner. Brilliant.
And J O. 1985 has nothing to do with it. Wouldn't you rather all these riders give you that $125 for riding instead of spending it on Gieco stickers? Your welcome. But 1985 does sound good.

Ok... I know I'm old but I ain't Knox old. However, I found myself agreeing completely with 3 and 5.. I miss concrete and spoons.

The only company logos I chose to put on my graphics, that I spent MY money on, are logos of companies that help (not GIVE, those days are long gone.) me decrease my riding costs.

2 kinda struck me too. It's 2015. I don't carry cash. Can't I swipe my card to pay for my gate fee and entry fee? This could easily happen. Touch screen computer. Punch in oma/ama/district number. Info pops up. Pick classes. Finish. Swipe card.. Like a self checkout at the grocery store. Make it idiot proof. Hmm...

Attachments

• IMG_20150826_183633363.jpg
    IMG_20150826_183633363.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 150
From my FB Time Hop...seemed fitting for this post.

Attitude of Gratitude

By: Jarrett Strouble Published 9-10-2010 Akron Beacon Journal/Kames Sports

Life has a way of letting you know it is much larger than anyone of our lives while letting us know each one of our lives is important to each other. We need each other in these perilous times. The challenge just to make it day to day is growing harder by the day. Around these parts is a sport that some of us choose to hold onto. We choose to hold onto motocross because of the family we are. The relationships established at the track are many times life-long relationships.

Family member David Jones of Cleveland, OH recently travelled to Hurricane Mills, TN to compete in the world’s largest motocross race. The Loretta Lynn’s Amateur National Championship or “Loretta’s” as known by riders is the pinnacle ride/race of many motocrossers. Riders from all over the country spend months in preparation and qualifying for the shot at racing on some of the most prestigious dirt knobbies will ever touch. This event takes place in mid-August when temps are in the 100’s with high humidity added to 3-twenty five minute motos of your best riding. Riding a dirt bike is nothing short of athletic. Arguably one of the most physically demanding sports around. Loretta’s for instance has a rhythm section known as the “Ten Commandments”, although not impossible like the Ten Commandments God lays out in the Bible, none the less very challenging. Riders must be 100% committed to the obstacle with faith to make it through.

David Jones is the 2010 Loretta Lynn’s Vet B/C Plus 30 Class Champion. The riders in N.E. Ohio rejoiced in his crowning achievement as a local rider turned local hero one moto at a time. Realizing what an accomplishment this is, Ohio International Raceway in Ravenna, OH has elected to dedicate its Veteran Race Day on Sunday Sept. 19 to David Jones for an outstanding performance. A well deserved congratulations, you go Dave!

On the other side of true real life victory, joy, and honor is pain, suffering, and loss. Tyler Rockstroh 16, of Canton, OH was injured while riding with friends resulting in paralysis from the waist down on March 30, 2010. This left the family in great despair as you could understand. Not just Tyler’s family, but the family of motocross as well.

Tyler’s family, led by mother Lori, will be raffling off a 2007 Yamaha YZ125, a 232 Competition Tanning Bed and a $1000 purse Saturday, Sept. 25 at Malvern Racing in Waynesburg, OH. The purpose of the raffle is to raise funds for the burden placed on the family and to hopefully, Lord willing, get Tyler some extensive treatment. At intermission, the raffle will take place and Tyler will be there. You can purchase tickets the same day at Malvern Racing or stop by Kames Sports full service outdoor sports store to purchase some mail in tickets at 1 ticket for $5, or 5 for $20. This will be a very special day. We will be touching the life of someone else very deeply. I have met and spoke with Tyler, despite his injury and the daily struggles he now faces, he still smiles.

Amidst these two stories of triumph and tragedy, we can be thankful. A family is stepping up to help another family member through some very difficult times. We can be thankful for our love of each other. That when it really matters we can count on each other. That when all hope seems gone, we can encourage each other, and press forward in faith that God works all things together for good. We can surely be grateful for each other. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ for all he has done in our hearts and lives. Please keep Tyler in your thoughts and prayers.

Through it all, all that is thrown our way and in the way of others, through the constant chaos around the world, through the struggling world economy, through the unseen future of brighter or darker days, it is possible to have an attitude of gratitude. It doesn’t take much time to look around and find things that make your heart heavy. With stories like this, the people in our lives, the country we live in, the food on our table, the jobs we have, and our love for each other we can surely be thankful. Thank you David and Tyler, you are both truly encouraging!

Come out and support David Jones and Tyler Rockstroh at these events. Come and see what motocross and the family of motocross is all about. Motocross is a sport for families and a great display of amateur competition, which is entertaining at $10 a head admission. Spectators will see a full day of motocross racing. Kames Sports full service outdoor sports store and staff has all the items and knowledge you will need to get the most out of the great outdoors. We would love to help you!

So the quarter of a second you are under power off a concrete pad does more damage then that evil sand section your going on and on about? Ha ha
I like concrete. Enjoy watching the idiots do burn outs like it is going to help. These are the same guys that practice scrubs for hours to save a millisecond then coast around the next corner. Brilliant.
And J O. 1985 has nothing to do with it. Wouldn't you rather all these riders give you that $125 for riding instead of spending it on Gieco stickers? Your welcome. But 1985 does sound good.
See my response to you here: http://pitracer.com/index.php?threa...series-big-game-hand-racing-promotions.62726/

Sand doesn't wear out my tires. I rode 8 hours in florida last February and march and the tits were still on them, front and back.

I used to get great starts on concrete at Kenworthys. Bring them back. But the nationals have gone back to dirt starts, so you will not see anymore concrete.

Would not matter to me. Asphalt would be slick as hell if it were wet. I like not having ruts when you launch.

My thoughts are during normal conditions warm asphalt would provide more traction than concrete. If it's wet it will be slick regardless for dirtbikers

I'm all about concrete starts! Ask vet261, slippery muddy mess concrete and I pulled a massive holeshot at a regional. Of course I went to last by the 3rd corner too.

Eh, either way. I pulled the hole shot at BC in the +30 class on a borrowed 250f.

Bring back the spoons too. Good post Knox

Back