East Fork implies there is a West Fork.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Great time in Ohio moto, two new race tracks in three weeks. Route 62 Labor day weekend and then East fork yesterday. I would say 90% of everyone in the gate for both tracks had been there before for practice. (those are scientific numbers so don't bother disputing) But having an actual event is very different then open practice.
The Fork (As it will be referred to from now on) sure looked nice, and with 329 entries I would say a lot of riders were looking forward to it. It was obvious that the crew had put a lot of time into the place this past week getting ready. So here is how I seen it. And we ALL knows that's all that matters.
The Good:
1. Signup: It was quick and easy if you were smart enough to print off the entry forms poster here on PitRacer. I did and it took 35 seconds in the tent.
2. Morning prep: Sunday morning we very good. Again, as in other postings, it could have been deeper and more water but it was fine.
3. The track changes: The new finish line was placed PERFECTLY to keep the races going. MANY other promoters need to take notes on this one. Rest of the track was racy but kinda one lined. (We will cover that later)
4. Event Staff: From the front gate, signup, Starting gate, announcer... Heck, even the lady that made my cheeseburger was pleasant to deal with.

The Bad:
1. DUST: I assume intermission was cut short because of time but with the wind blowing towards the crowd, you have to get a handle on the dust down that jump filled front straight. Two water trucks and the track got a mist of water at half time? I heard the trucks had issues, not sure if that's true. IF so, you got to have a plan B for this one.
2. LATE: We were race 22 of 23. Got off the track for the last moto at 7:07. We all know why it was so late. WAY TOO MANY CLASSES.... Now we are just pulling classes out of someone's butt. What is the hell is 85cc 9 to 13??? Half mini jr and half mini sr? 4 85 classes, 3 65 classes and 5 50 classes. NUTS
3. LATE: Started practice almost an hour late. Yes I know the staff knows that but not a good way to start the day.
4. Spectator amenities: Had to lump this one together. No place to sit down. With the whole place being flat. A raised viewing area (a levy) so you can see the track if for sure needed. Port-o-johns... we all know these things are terrible but it makes it worse when they run out of paper before intermission. Trash cans. All where overflowing by early Sunday morning. Parking. Man there were vehicles everywhere. It may be time to level the pee wee track (and please build it somewhere else) you need that prime area for parking.

The UGLY: Not the tracks fault.
1. SCUM BALL PARENTS BEATING ON THIER CHILD FOR WHAT HAPPENED ON THE TRACK. Now this is second hand news so i will not use names since I do not know for fact, but I heard some "parents" where dragging their kid around by his helmet and basically beating the crap out of the kid. Listen up, you are at a motocross track in New Vienna Ohio. No one was there from the factory's offering long term contracts to anyone. Let alone, a CHILD in the 50 class. Your son is a good little rider. Let him enjoy racing.
I did hear that they were thrown out of the track so it must be true. Good job East Fork crew.

To end on a better note.
I am sure both the Fork and Route 62 will get better and better with the experience they gain from each event. Thank you both for offering RACING in Ohio. Now, just eliminate half those classes so we get more then 3 laps.

I agree with Chris that "The Fork", for there first event did a fantastic job. I am sure that Scott and his crew know what they are doing and the rough edges will get smoothed out. A few things that I noticed was, PA needs to be addressed, as a 50 year old man I walked myself to death trying to keep up on what moto was up. I was parked bye starting gate and could not hear a thing. The peewee track needs to go, kids and adults were flying around there all day. It was hard to gauge track prep, I thought that they did a good job keeping track watered, with the wind blowing like it was they were fighting an uphill battle, again I think that they will learn the dirt and it will get better. The program went very good as Chris said, the finish line is in a spot were the gate can be dropped quickly. I was the 18th moto and left at 4pm without racing my 2nd moto {need sleep before going in on 3rd shift}but I do not know how they could have ran the moto's any quicker, just to many classes.

Thanks for your comments , yes we did have a pipe break on the big red water truck Thursday evening and got it repaired late Friday. The dust was due to fresh dirt being added to the jumps and not being able to water it down enough and packing it in. The wind was coming from the east then switched to the south west by 1/2 way through the race . Scott and I agree there was way to many classes, I will have these streamed lined before the next race as well the pa system fixed where the pa can be heard in the pits. The next race is October 31 and Novemebr 1st . The Motocross League of Ameirca is coming to East Fork, this race brings riders from all over.
Scott, John and Brian want to thank everyone for making this a great event and many more to come next season.

Last edited:
Scottan I agree on the way to many classes, I have will have these streamed lined berfore the next race and the pa system fixed where this can be heard in the pits. The next race is October 31 and Novemebr 1st . The Motocross League of Ameirca is coming to East Fork

I just counted the classes listed on Motocross League of American website and they have 44 classes! Are you required to offer all of those at the race 10/31?

Happy to hear they changed the finish line area and start. That was a major problem I pointed out to Tommy last year. Seems new tracks always have similar issues. Starting out on time in the morning. Port a Johns (usually don't have enough), scoring, and just timely flow of the race.

Wind has always been an issue at New Vienna. Seems like every time I have been there, it has been extremely windy.

I am sure it will improve. We plan to be there at the end of October.

Is Tommy Boner still involved in this project? I did not see his name listed above as thanking people for coming.

Tommy is no longer involved with East Fork, The reason for running a little behind in the morning was due to final watering and people still lined up at the gate coming in late. This created a 30 minute delay on practice starting, I agree the race was way behind because to many classes not being combined, this will be handle before the next race.

Thanks

Had a great time at East Fork MX over the weekend. For their first race i thought it went great! Im sure they will get better each every time. They have a very dedicated crew and i have no problem giving money to another promoter that gives the effort.

Pros:
-Track prep is always top notch.
-Great atmosphere with track dress up (banners,track markers,etc.)
-Good sized gates.
-Whip contest drew a big crowd and was entertaining.
-Racing was awesome.
-AP being on hand and giving his total attention to the young ones was awesome to see.
-Being at a motocross track on any weekend with friends and family is the biggest PRO in my book!

Cons:
-Track changes: i understand why the finish line was moved where it was, but that section made the track to tight. Maybe take the straight a little longer? I wasn't a fan of the single after the fast sweeper after the rollerrs. the double-double previously there was fun and flowed better into that tight corner. It gets a little too tight after that big step up as well. Maybe take it straight to the small pine trees then come back?? Just a thought
-Practice starting late. Us people on time shouldn't suffer because johnny moto hit his snooze button too many times and was still in sign up line.(i know equipment malfunction attributed to that as well..) but if practice starts at 8, lets start at 8. And we don't need 10 minute sessions. 3 laps is plenty. Especially after a day of open practice(not everyone can make saturday practice, i know, but do you really need more than 3 laps to dial a short track in?)
-PITBIKE track...has to go! or placed somewhere else. It was nothing but a dust factory and the kids buzzing around there were quit dangerous and quite frankly annoying.

Thats my $.02 for the East Fork Crew! I love the track(85% of it lol)!! Had a great weekend and even made some money! We will be back Oct.31-Nov.1!! Thanks for giving us another awesome track and another awesome event in Ohio! Very bright future in Ohio MX!

Had a great time at East Fork MX over the weekend. For their first race i thought it went great! Im sure they will get better each every time. They have a very dedicated crew and i have no problem giving money to another promoter that gives the effort.

Pros:
-Good sized gates.
-Racing was awesome.
-AP being on hand and giving his total attention to the young ones was awesome to see.
-Being at a motocross track on any weekend with friends and family is the biggest PRO in my book!

Cons:
-Track changes: i understand why the finish line was moved where it was, but that section made the track to tight. Maybe take the straight a little longer? I wasn't a fan of the single after the fast sweeper after the rollerrs. the double-double previously there was fun and flowed better into that tight corner. It gets a little too tight after that big step up as well. Maybe take it straight to the small pine trees then come back?? Just a thought
-Practice starting late. Us people on time shouldn't suffer because johnny moto hit his snooze button too many times and was still in sign up line.(i know equipment malfunction attributed to that as well..) but if practice starts at 8, lets start at 8. And we don't need 10 minute sessions. 3 laps is plenty. Especially after a day of open practice(not everyone can make saturday practice, i know, but do you really need more than 3 laps to dial a short track in?)
-PITBIKE track...has to go! or placed somewhere else. It was nothing but a dust factory and the kids buzzing around there were quit dangerous and quite frankly annoying.

Thats my $.02 for the East Fork Crew! I love the track(85% of it lol)!! Had a great weekend and even made some money! We will be back Oct.31-Nov.1!! Thanks for giving us another awesome track and another awesome event in Ohio! Very bright future in Ohio MX!
Thanks for your comments, the owners and I agree on more track changes like the tight sections, if we can't make a inside turn in a corner with the water truck then its to tight. Thanks and hope to see everyone at the next race, October 312st and November 1st

Awesome job on the videos... FINALLY a race recap for people that couldnt attend. WITH rider names and position. Couldn't have done any better!

Nothing worse to me than a big promotion before the event and nothing about the actual event.

Pros:
-Good sized gates.
-Racing was awesome.

Cons:

I too had a great time at East Fork but have to disagree with the practices only need to be 3 laps, as a senior rider that would not be enough time to safely learn the track. I had never been to the track before so I got there early so I could walk the track and boy I am glad that I did, the jumps were very big and every landing blind, you could tell who has practiced at the track before as on the first lap of practice someone jumped over top of me and came close to landing on me even as the flagman was waving the yellow flag on the jump. The jumps are big but very safe, I fill that riders that have never been there need a few laps to learn the track. I think that if you start practice on time and be organized with the way that the finish is you would have no problem having 4-5 lap practice.

Believe it or not, 31 different "racers" went to Treaty City this past Sunday. They had a total of 58 sign-ups.
WHY? If it were in my backyard, I would not pick it over The Fork. (Or any other track for that matter)
Still, sad how far it has fallen. Maybe now they will get the hint. Get someone who knows something, anything, about moto to come in and build a track and run the races.

To those that went. Hopefully your court ordered mandate limiting you to not leave the county will end soon.

From everything I have and read and heard, it sounds like the race was a success. I have had far worse showings. Good job East Fork crew. I think everyone in Ohio should be put on notice, we are on the brink of a great period in Ohio Mx. Its coming. We are lucky to be breathing air right now.

I heard some different rumblings over the weekend that not everything at East Fork is roses.

It's all opinion. Some think the program sucked. Some think it was awesome.

That's the general consensus for every racing event ever put on since the beginning of motocross, it's not personal.

Back