DC Vet Homecoming at High Point Raceway

Matt Snyder

PR Member
Anyone make it out to the race this weekend? I had a great time and saw some amazing bikes. I think the CR500/CR250's were my personal favorites. I ran into a friend who was on a 93 CR250, McGrath won a lot of races on that bike back in the day.

I'll get some images up soonish...

I came close to a holeshot on those 500s first moto of vintage 2... Came around in 3rd....and.....that was the last time i seen them till cruising back to my pit after the end of the race. Those guys were ripping!

I came close to a holeshot on those 500s first moto of vintage 2... Came around in 3rd....and.....that was the last time i seen them till cruising back to my pit after the end of the race. Those guys were ripping!
What was your number? I might have a few pictures of you.

A few shots from the weekend...

DC-vet-Homecoming-Vet-National-6.jpg

dc-vet-homecoming-vet-national.jpg

DC-vet-Homecoming-Vet-National-4.jpg

DC-vet-Homecoming-Vet-National-5.jpg

DC-vet-Homecoming-Vet-National-9.jpg

I haven't been to this race in about 5-8yrs because of poor track conditions/promoting and decided to give it another chance...I'm happy I did and will go again next year, fun times!

My dad and I had a great time this weekend chatting with you Matt! Excellent photos as always

Racing in an open faced helmet with a Jofa mouth guard is hard core throwback. LOL. Kudos to #3 on the 86 CR.

Just wanted to throw out my thoughts on the Mt. Morris DC vet race every year, for those who haven't been or have and was disappointed in the track prep, this track is a tuff track, meaning it's a true mx, I haven't been to red bud it just doesn't fit into my life style for that time of the year, I know it's good, but Mt. for me is a blast and for me to have gone there for 15 yrs, and when I can do 2 classes and still make it to work on Monday makes me happy that I and all that is there still can do this sport at our ages is a gift, an the flaggers there really pay attention that we all are safe and can get off the track if there is a mishap, and they give you the sign there happy you can get up and go on our way. I will be there every yr. for as long as I can, Thanks you coombs family for putting this on all these years.

Back