BEST and WORST bikes you ever owned??

My best would be a toss up between my 2005 RMZ450 and my 2004 rm250
I loved both of those bike and had no problems with either
Turned alot of laps around Spring Valley on those bikes.what a good time
Had a new 96 RM250 that was pretty nice bike for the year,I liked those forks ( Mcgrath ran those bikes into the ground)
Worst was 98 yz400,had a heck of a time even getting one ,paid too much and rode it about 4 months and got rid of it
Motor was fun but a pain to start with finding tdc and it didnt turn worth a crap

2014 YZ450 might be my fovorite.
I had some great KX450's 2006 (4 speed), 2009 (first FI), 2013 (first air fork).
The 2005 CR450f was my first 4 Stroke. I never had any issues with it.
1978 RM125 l just raced and washed this bike. It may have been bullet proof. The only thing I ever had to fix or replace were the Suzuki tank stickers.
Now for the other side of things.
1981 CR450 the Clutch eater.
1987 RM250 I couldn't keep a good stator in this thing.
1999 CR80 (my sons) could never control the hit on this thing. It was all or stall.
2001 CR250 rode like crap. But the motor was so good it ended up in a micro-sprint.

I like KO's Best and Worst category ; you know , that bike you love to hate or hate to love ? Has to be my 1973 Yam SC500 . Heavy , 4 inches of travel , no handling , side hop that would scare a TM400 rider , a monster motor with no flywheel to speak of that was a 50HP light switch , almost impossible to kick start , with so much compression that it would bend the steel shank in a work boot ( we all took turns kicking it and some guys didn't have MX boots ) when it popped back . What a pain in the arse but when you finally got it fired up and hit the throttle , something impressive was going to happen . Usually ended up we me seeing alternate visions of earth , sky , and flailing arms and legs until I would stop tumbling . Damn I miss that bike !

Worst: 96 Yamaha WR 250, but I think the main problem with that bike was that i got it used and it was beat.
Best: 2012 YZ250F but I have enjoyed every bike after that 96 WR.

My best bike hands down is the 1985 KX-125, I could shred ANYTHING with that thing at Honda Hills on the starts with 40 plus bikes on the line in 125 C and at the time I weighed 175 lbs. -and the bike was bone-stock!! we bought it used and never even took the top end off it!! I am lucky enough to have one now had it at the Vet National in Mt Morris PA in 2014 Finished 10th of 21 on it in plus 40 C class due to my 4 stroke being in a box at the time -and im not 175 anymore im 215, lol both starts against mostly 450s were top 10 raced good on it even with the crank going out on it which it let go at Briarcliff the following week on lap 4 on the C track, lol

Worst bike, not even close My Brothers (James Miller) rider #1 back then his 1985 CR-125. It was turtle slow most over-hyped under performing 125 Ever made. Our old 1982 YZ-125J was faster! And the Honda was a hand grenade to boot! My KX was so much faster it wasnt even fair. My dad Steve Miller tried EVERYTHING with that bike then the ATAC valve fell apart then it got more power, It blew up at Muskingham Valley on James on a set of doubles at the end of the grandstand downhill straight away and he wound up with an Answer Baffle through his riding pants in the back, Ouch!

Tied with the Honda is my buddys 1985 YZ-125 enough said there WORST 125 Yamaha EVER! Total Turd, well it had a front disk brake at least!!

I had 2 Yamaha 4 strokes, a 2009 250 and a 2006 450 they just didnt fit me at all, I found new homes for em not bad bikes but not for me
Also learned a lesson on JE pistons with the 250F, glad ebay is around I had to get a new motor.

I have a new 2015 KX-250F I really like it alot and it starts hot nether yamaha would not do!!

Fastest modified bike hands down was my 1988 RM-125 built by my dad Steve Miller he ported it added a 38MM Kehin carb and it was a missle, I used to melt rings into the piston on that at Honda Hills.

most radical bike of the family was our 1982 YZ-490J. This bike is hands down the fastest bike we had in a straight line and we have had 2 CR-500R's and I had a yz-450F 2006 model The 490 when it broke in was almost uncontrollable!! and would eat up anything else down the straights

how about this the most hated bike for me was my 1987 CR-250R, all I did was get hurt on that bike 2 helmets, 2 knees, and a seperated shoulder
my # back then was 217T chances are if u guys were racing in 87 u saw me wadded up on that thing, lol

The best I've had would be the '83 Maico 490, though the '85 M-Star was very close with the front disc brake as the only major change. Close to those would be the '92 CR500. Currently, I love my '14 YZ450, though I'll be making a couple subtle changes this winter to it.
As far as worst bike, I actually liked my '84 KTM 495 for the beginning of the season until I crashed big time at Motordrome Speedway one Friday night and dented the header slightly. I didn't realize it through most of the rest of the season that, that little crease in the header would cause such a loss in power. The magazines didn't like the upside-down WP forks, But I loved them. After learning how to set up the suspension on maicos for years, though they weren't as plush as maico forks, they weren't as bad as the magazines said.

Best :
2003 yz250f
2006 yz450

Worst
2015 ktm350

Reason: in 2003-2009ish my confidence and bike ride time was triple what it is now... Can't get enough time on the 2015 to feel good or confident on. Plus age and doubt factor in too much now lol
I liked my 06 450f Yamaha

I liked my 06 450f Yamaha
Yeah that was a nice bike.
The Yammy 450 you had before that 02/03? I remember racing that for a second class (4 stroke) at Steel city one year. It turned about as well as a 30 ft motorhome and my life flashed before my eyes on every downhill breaking bump section haha. I vote that as your worst.

Yeah that was a nice bike.
The Yammy 450 you had before that 02/03? I remember racing that for a second class (4 stroke) at Steel city one year. It turned about as well as a 30 ft motorhome and my life flashed before my eyes on every downhill breaking bump section haha. I vote that as your worst.
It sure was

Back