Tip of the Hat' to Triumph!

NQ1965

PR Elite
I haven't seen the new Jurassic World movie, but they deserve points for making the Triumph Scrambler look cool again.

When I was a teenager my dad restored a Triumph Tiger Cub. He even rode it back and forth from work for a summer. I'd like to have one of these in my collection.

cool1.png

cef0350c4290be48183c71f2b45b5acd.jpg

Last edited:
I gave up the street many years ago after too many close calls . The new " retro " Triumphs have been calling me back for a while now , especially the Scrambler .

Machine specs:
Scrambler spec.JPG

Knobbied street machine's with off road abilities that will wisk you away at burst upwards of 125 mph could get you some unwanted attention on the 6 O'clock news. (as long as you could manhandle it well in the bush).

When I ride my Nighthawk around town, I'm always fighting the urge to accelerate and stand on the pegs going over RR tracks, approaching intersection corners with my leg extended and dragging a peg, and I catch myself leaning forward with my elbows high single fingering the clutch. And more than once its been offroad. I think I feel the mischief horns growing. :D

Thinking on this is triggering some memories. (happens to me a lot now. Not sure why ? )

When we were riding (as teenagers), we rode our bikes on the road a lot. Most of the time back and forth between neighbor houses or to our riding area, ( the creek, or the gravel pit we had for a short time). Anyway, more than once we had to skedaddle from spotting the Sheriff or township Police.

My crime partner, Terry, was picked up twice. Had his drivers license suspended twice before he was even old enough to get them. He had a new KE125, completely street legal. Would borrow the plate off of his brothers street bike and ride straight into town. He was 14. He was tall for his age, and helmets were law, so it was hard to tell his real age. Young and brave. :eek:

We chased a few cows and ruined some field crops in our day.
I'm not pleasure cruiser on my street bike, I like to play a little and have a good time.

The list of bikes we had at various times in the neighborhood and buddies down the road from us. (we were suburb/country)

Honda mini Trails. (mine)
Suzuki TC125 (dual range tranny) (mine)
Dads Triumph Tiger Cub

Harley Davidson Sprint (neighbor-Ed)
Kawasaki KE125 (yellow tank, street/trail) (neighbor-Bernie)
Montesa 250 (neighbor-Bernie)

Honda Mini Trail (terry's)
Kawasaki KD100 (terry's)
Kawasaki KE125 (green tank, street/trail) (terry's)
Kawasaki 250 MX'r (terry) ( it was too big, loud and scary for us)

Monarch 125 MX (neighbor down the road) (he also had mini-bikes)
Suzuki RM370 (farmer kid down the road)

And then Terry's dad and brother had street bikes, and a couple neighbors had street bikes.

This was the time period of 10-1/2 yrs old, to 15 years old. I feel really lucky, looking back at those days. Great memories!

Last edited:
That smoking hot redhead in Jurasic World is Ron Howard's daughter. Yes, that's right, Opie's daughter.

A sure sign that I'm getting old and out of touch.
---------------------------------
Wife says:
We can't take the kids to go see this.

Me: Why not???

Wife: Because it's not in the theatres anymore. You missed it!

Me: Hell I didn't even know it was a movie until I saw the movie advertisement on Foxnews a week or 2 ago.
--------------------

So she's picks up the video at WallyWorld.
Even though the movie advertisements did a good job making the bike standout, I can't say they did much of a job showing the bike off in the movie.
The special effects for the movie were pretty cool as always, but really can't say that I cared much for the flick. Boring...( I fast forwarded to the bike parts ) :D

There's a few CL's that get raced in the Twins class with AHRMA.
I'd have to dig but I've got a cool B&W photo of a racer jumping his at Vintage Days from a few years ago.

Back