Electric problems

Cody Wolford

PR Member
2005 trx 450r- will not start with any oem CDI. And usually everytime I kick/it starts the over heat light will flash and then stop. Well I now no longer have power to the light. Or to rest of quad.
But when j stuck in an aftermarket CDI it fires right up and no problems I've replaced stator, wire harness, tried a different coil and regulator
WHAT COULD BE CAUSING IT??!

Check all connections, use di-electric grease at every one of them. Check the ground at the frame. If it still only runs on an aftermarket CDI, buy that CDI.

We've done all that ad we can't run the at Cdi because on the top end it has issues. But it works enough for us to be able to start it.

I called Baldwin and mark wasn't in I'm calling again today. see if it was loss of spark I could understand that. But the over heat light on my bars always flashes when I'm kicking. It flashes with the big gun but doesn't with oem. So to me it's loss of all power

I called Baldwin and mark wasn't in I'm calling again today. see if it was loss of spark I could understand that. But the over heat light on my bars always flashes when I'm kicking. It flashes with the big gun but doesn't with oem. So to me it's loss of all power
He will be back from vacation tomorrow (tuesday).

Back