2015--2016 deer pictures

11866374_935933336452689_7160242763176451443_n.jpg

Well, pulled the trigger tonight.. After my luck so far this year, I couldn't let a mature deer walk. Not the highest scoring deer but I don't really care.. Lol. Excuse the pic, i was by myself till dark..

Back at the same spot, but I'm bow less and court is in my tree.

Attachments

• IMG_20151115_153311462.jpg
    IMG_20151115_153311462.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 266
Took a good doe at 7 yards last evening . Watched her fall after about 35 yards so no tracking to do thank goodness . No pics , they all look pretty much alike . Saw a doe pulling a 5 buck train last Monday but they all stayed in thick brush behind me ( at just 20 yards or less ) where I could not take a shot . The biggest buck from my trail cam pics was 1st in line . He snort/wheezed at the rest and they were skeered ! Cool .

Great buck , Meister . It ain't all about the score . That's just a bonus once in a while .

I have a couple goals left this season.. Doe with a recurve, get court onna decent buck, kill one with my new 45-70, and get the neighbor kid his first deer..

Btw, neighbor saw the deer I couldn't find.. He became the "most wanted" of the neighborhood once they seen him. He was limping on his left side which makes sense. Sorta regretting my decision to shoot my buck knowing the big guy is still around.

Ha. Was waiting for someone to mention that.. I shot him twice. I was 30' up the tree, he was 10' down the bank. I "10 ringed" on his right side with the first shot but due to the angle, and him ducking to turn left, I caught spine. The leg wound happened after the second shot passed through some how. Second shot was through both lungs while he was laying down. He was dead in under a minute.

HELLLLOOOO everybody.... ive been kinda MIA.... Life is busy with the little girl..... Congrats to everyone that has killed deer.....

I killed my deer the second day of season. But unfortunately I had something happen thats never happened to me before... long story short I didnt find him for several days..... Shot was good, but somwhow he doubled back behind me and he never bled a drop due to the quartering away shot and not exit wound...

20151007_170958_zpsys59betv.jpg

my buddy didnt have anything big enough ti kill on camera this year.. So I let him sit in one of my stands... He killed him the first ngiht he sat in the stant, OCt 18th
20151018_183702_zpscoutiook.jpg

vince-2.jpg

This years deer caught me off guard bad!
I just got up in the tree and hung my bow up. I hadn't had time to put my scent lock suit on and here he came. I had just moved my stand so wasn't up to speed on how far everything was. I guessed 40 drew back and released. 15 seconds later I saw him pile up. Total time was less than 60 seconds from the time I saw him to the time he dropped. Immediately after the shot I knew he was small. A mature 4-1/2 year old with a big body but not what I had in mind... Oh well 2015 is in the books and it is time to duck hunt! Thanks to Zach for helping me drag him out and butcher him.
vince-3.jpg

Back