Last Race of 2015

170 riders Sunday 150 Saturday plus the Marty tripes 125 class at 38 .
Three of us but the driving is actually really easy we can sleep in the motorhome on the way down and on the way back the nice easy trip and we got to relax for three days
Definitely a must do for next year is a great time . I got to ride jacks 125 and I loved it felt like I was on rails

What a blast, great way to finish the 2015 season, started March 15th in Florida and finished November 15th in Texas. 8 months, 15 races, 57 moto's, 13,000 miles and tons of fun.

Rio Bravo was tremendous, free Oyster & Fish dinner Friday, free spaghetti & brat dinner Saturday, free beer, free wine, free Red Bull ( and the Red Bull girls) free brisket lunch Sunday, Vintage bike show, Live music every night, tag team night race, Lyle Lovett hanging out, dinner with Marty Smith. the Marty Tripes 100/125 races both days. and 3 full days of riding on a great track in perfect weather. Hot showers, clean toilets, and a swimming pool, at a 40 year National MX venue.

There is no other experience like the Marty Tripes races, the "Loud & Wild" first corner with 40 two stroke 100/125's with local fast kids, LL winners, AMA National winners and lots of elbows flying. OMG!!!

Those Texas boys can sure throw an MX party.

Last edited:
What a blast, great way to finish the 2015 season, started March 15th in Florida and finished November 15th in Texas. 8 months, 15 races, 57 moto's, 13,000 miles and tons of fun.

Rio Bravo was tremendous, free Oyster & Fish dinner Friday, free spaghetti & brat dinner Saturday, free beer, free wine, free Red Bull ( and the Red Bull girls) free brisket lunch Sunday, Vintage bike show, Live music every night, tag team nigh race, Lyle Lovett hanging out, dinner with Marty Smith. the Marty Tripes 100/125 races both days. and 3 full days of riding on a great track in perfect weather. Hot showers, clean toilets, and a swimming pool, at a 40 year National MX venue.

There is no other experience like the Marty Tripes races, the "Loud & Wild" first corner with 40 two stroke 100/125's with local fast kids, LL winners, AMA National winners and lots of elbows flying. OMG!!!

Those Texas boys can sure throw an MX party.

.....you can sure make a venue sound intriguing. Thanks for the report.

Now that is a season - outstanding!!!

upload_2015-11-17_12-1-48.png

500 cc AMA National rider Trey Jorski ripping one of Rio Bravo's uphill doubles, open face helmet, no goggles. Very fast and way cool. He had 20 sec. first gate head start and lapped me on last corner, cool lining up with the old pro's.

All motos were 5 laps , pics should be up by the end of the week. I am still pumped from such a great weekend! Damn.

Looks like good guys going fast on bad suspension / bikes

My back hurts looking at the pictures! You are tougher than me. The drive alone would have killed me!

And mikes wide open rock n roll for 20 hours! Ha ha.

upload_2015-11-18_16-57-14.png

Our Buckeye role model, Henry Gref at Rio Bravo last Sunday, riding Expert 70+ on his 74th Birthday.

Great fun, shook his hand, wished him a happy birthday and watched fly the doubles and win his moto, by a bunch.

Inside joke.....guess most people have forgotten about that incident.
When you spend 40 + hours driving to Texas and back with Mike you get to hear ALL the old stories, including the Jay vs. Rocket 'incident"

Back