MotoGP soap opera

sturd

PR Addict
I don't know if any of you jokers follow MotoGP at all but the last race of the year
is going to be interesting. For sure the lead up has been interesting. Valentino
Rossi has been leading the points since the beginning of the year. He has 7 points
over Jorge Lorenzo going into the last race at Valencia Spain. But....

Valentino ran Marc Marquez off at the last race after accusing him of "messing
with my race" at the race before. He's been penalized with a back of the grid
start this Sunday in Spain. If Lorenzo wins, Vale will have to come from last
to second to win his 10th world championship.

Lawyers letters are flying. Marquez's family was attacked by some italian
supposed-to-be reporters. The press conference Thursday has been cancelled in
lieu of an "all riders" meeting with the FIM. Some great comedy videos out there:

Live on FoxSports1 7:30 Sunday morning. Look for me at the entrance of turn
3, Curva Doohan, in the amarillo seats. Leaving with Amy the Wonder Wife in a
couple hours. Paella forever!

Huge fan of the MotoGp and WorldSuperbike,Mike!!
Drama filled for sure!:D:eek:
Wanna see some some incredible racing?Watch any of the Moto3 racing!! Those little 250 thumpers fly! BrUUUUMP!!!:D
Have the VideoPass for both series and has been AWESOME to watch Live with no BS commercials or interruptions whatsoever!:D Big fan of Vale,Marc and Jorge and all the rest. Gonna be interesting how all off it plays out.
So your saying your going to Valencia!!?? Dammit!:(:)
I'll be watching for ya!!:D
motogp./com
superbikeplanet./com

Brake checking is racing. Old school racing. Brain racing.

Apparently NOT!:rolleyes::oops: Vale starting last!:eek:

http://superbikeplanet.com/2015/Nov/151105denied.htm

Ahh,NO it,s NOT! Old school,yes.Brain racing if you are a foolish idiot.:rolleyes: Especially on 240+hp motorbikes capable of 200+mph! Where the outcome can be incredible injuries or death.Brain racing is GOOD CLEAN racing.Where the better thinking rider/driver prevails with their skills.NOT slamming into/or standing someone up in a corner possibly crashing them out with possible major injuries.Very STUPID indeed! This is 2015,almost `16, not years past.

Great read:
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/11/05/permanent-bureau-address-motogp-riders/188903

This seems to say it all:
"We also want to remind you of the values of our sport: exemplarity, fair play, sportsmanship and courtesy. Our officials will be vigilant in observing the fair play and sporting behaviour of every one of you and will be very strict with any infringement of our sporting rules.

We must remember that we organise and practise sport at the professional level, not only because it is entertaining and extraordinary but also to showcase the values we believe in. The next race will be broadcast live and followed by a very large number of spectators. We therefore have ahead of us a golden opportunity to demonstrate to the world the highest values of our sport, and in so doing, to set a great example. We would also like to assure everybody that this weekend we will pay even more attention to what occurs on the track for the benefit of the sport.

Thank you all and have a good race!”

Too bad more racing organizations won`t follow or adopt these policies/values.I guess that is what sets MotoGp apart and above from the rest.:D

I must of watched a different angle that didn't look so bad. But I watched another on youtube and it looked like Rossi was sick of dealing with marquez as lorenso was pulling away.

Rossi basically said he wanted to slow his pace, but didn't want to crash him....

What's your opinions that follow the series? I'm basing mine on one race. couple good videos, did he kick him, or didnt he ? lol. In that case, that isn't good racing, or using your brain.

Last edited:
The mood in Valencia is "rossi should be thrown out with the trash". Hard for tourists in their VR46 wear to get shopkeeper's to wait on them.

Pretty funny to watch. I'm wearing my Por Fuera hat so look like a local. Prolly won't wear it to the race as we're seated in the yellow stands, surrounded by Rossi fans.

I'll try. So far the pics I've taken are all tourist crap. One view out of our apartment...

Attachments

• 20151106_101621.jpg
    20151106_101621.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 152
Still in tourist mode. Even here sometimes you need concrete. Off to the track tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20151106_170024.jpg
    20151106_170024.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 149
Dunno if a panorama shot will work but those full stands surrond the track, all the way. 120,000 on hand. Trains in and out were a cluster. I pissed off some overheated, tired, generally already pissed off girl by mooing the whole way in the crush. called me a puta and threw her gum at me. Couple guys next to me started mooing.

Attachments

• 20151108_122938.jpg
    20151108_122938.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 126
The day is in. Jorge did what he needed to do, Vale did all he could but wasn't enough. Even if he had started from 4th row where he qualified, he just didn't have the pace today. Last couple laps whem MaArquez and Dani were dicing and seemed to have Jorge in their sights were awesome.

So today part of Spain (Catalonia) decided to succeed. The rest of Spain isn't taking it politely. Civil War anybody? Strangest part is I found out by listening to Morning Edition while making dinner.Excellent analysis of the MotoGP result at Asphalt and Rubber website. Can't figure out how to put the link here on the tricorder, go look.

Back