Prayers please.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
One of my best friends, Joey Berardi, is going through something pretty unimaginable today. The name may ring a bell to some, he was around the ohio moto scene on 80s and then moved out of state for a while, and then moved back a couple of years ago.

After fighting for the last year and a half+ with an awful foot injury, infections, several fusions and different hardware, (i think close to 10 surgeries now) they've finally decided that amputation is the only last option.

It happened riding, but he didnt even crash, really bizarre. Just landed a little bit short and it broke just about everything possible in his foot and nothing they did could get it to heal right.

He's going in for surgery today. Everyone keep him in your thoughts, send some prayers or positive vibes or whatever you want to call it his way. I know it could be worse things and many here have delt with worse but this is pretty crazy in my opinion to have to make this kind of decision a year and a half after the incident.

If anyone would like to make a donation to help in his recovery, you can do so at the link below.

https://www.gofundme.com/joesroadtorecovery?rcid=352e6bc9ee274d3d8515f90d95bca580

Good luck today dude!

I know Joey as well through a mutual friend. I saw him a couple of times over the summer and fall and tried to keep up with his injury as much as possible. Truly a good dude and I enjoy being around the guy. I hope everything goes well and I've been thinking about him since I found out. Thanks for posting.

Below the knee amps have good results on young people. Everything will go smooth. Atleast now maybe they won't have to deal with infection. Hope it goes well.

Back