Barney Barnett injured

I wouldn't demand anything rash. I'm sure those doctors are well qualified. In the event they feel he needs to go to metro, let the docs make the call. Otherwise it could be detrimental to him if you get crazy with the staff and nurses. Trust me, in the hospital environment the staff is dedicated to the patients, it may not look like it because we are always strapped to technology but the caregivers and doctors can pick on the slightest signs and symptoms and they WILL respond. I promise you. ICU employees down to the environmental services people (your janitors) can sense anything bad and they promptly report it. ICU's don't miss a beat. He's in good hands.

Meanwhile, try to take care of yourself. I know it's very hard becauase your'e so worried, but try to eat well, and at least dedicate some quiet time to rest. You need your strength as much as he needs his. If you need anyone to talk to, or anything for that matter feel free to contact me. Everything will pan out. Give it time.

Georgie, you have drank too much of your coolaid.

Question everything. This is from experience, not emotion.

Don't ever confuse effort with results.....results are all that matter here.

I was at Beans when the two riders got hurt. Know one really new what happened at first. I saw the 29 on the two stroke Honda get waved off the track and Smith rode past him towards the tunnel jump. Two things that keep messing with my head, is when that lady drove there camper out of there without her husband and getting back on the track after it was all over. Just sitting there for over a hour watching everything go down was really surreal. Riding is such a emotional sport off and on the track. I know one thing though. I'm a better person when I'm riding MX. GOD BLESS both families.

Prayers and positive thoughts to Barney and everyone involved! Brain injuries are not to be taken lightly, let the doctors work and do their jobs. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery!

.facebook_1452085456883.jpg

Back