Tracks with elevation change.

Yep getting a dozer is on the list. Been working with a tc40 new Holland tractor/loader and it takes awhile o_O

Action Sports in Athens has real good elevation changes and is an extremely fun track.
COCR in Sugar Grove is also a really fun track with good natural elevation changeups.

It looks as though MX213 at St Clairsville Ohio has cool rolling hills. ( I haven't been there)
Scenic Highland had great elevation changes. (closed)
Honda Hills had awesome elevation changes. (closed)
Wild Wilderness in Athens had some of the biggest elevation features I've seen. (Closed)

I've always thought that if a piece of land has enough elevation features to it, it would take very little to race on it. Only use equipment for challenge sections like Rhythms or whoops, and to fine tune jump faces. Other than that, just begin as a grass track and let the track develop itself. The rougher the better. (Who needs good flow o_O ha ha!) After all, they're dirt bikes.

High Point at Mt Morris,PA, Pleasure Valley MX in PA, Pyramid Valley MX down by Clarksburg WV has a long uphill and downhill.

Careful what you wish for. The bigger the hills the more dirt you lose[/QUOTE]
3 things will help keep the topsoil on the track. 1 When building jumps get dirt from only a couple of spots. 2 Never till the track without riding it back in ( It's an 80% chance of rain tomorrow but I'll till the track up in case it doesn't so I can ride. No no no no no!!!!!!) 3 In late fall seed the dirt area. Winter wheat is the cheapest (kenworthys grass race)

We're also fortunate enough to have one of the few elevation changes in our immediate area. I tried to lay the track out in such a way to take advantage of the elevation changes as much as possible. This first downhill jump shown below is fun in that the takeoff jump is about 35 feet back from the downhill which allows a person to jump a ways down the hill if on the gas...and yep, refer to that downhill jump as the "Doug Henry". As usual, pics don't seem to give a good idea of elevation.

BYtrack1.jpg
BYTrack3.jpg
BYTrack4.jpg
BYTrack5.jpg
BYTrack6.jpg

so yea you should probably have a PR ride day there ^^^^

It must've been at least 15 years ago when I had first laid out the track and hadn't built up much in the way of jumps, Mr original PR (John K) stopped by and did a bit of riding one day. In fact, guess it was long enough ago that John had to remind me that he had been to my place at one time when I had recently mentioned he should come down this way some time. My memory isn't totally shot because after thinking about it for a bit...I remembered him visiting :)

In addition to my "modern" bike, I also have a post vintage RM250 and a Pitbike so I've thought of inviting more folks over for either a vintage or pitbike ride day. I don't have any way to water so always at the mercy of mother nature for some moisture in the summer. Spring and Fall are always great for good conditions!

Reactions: TBO
index.php

I'd sure like to have a slope like that out back. Looks like fun. I've only used a 4wd tractor with a tiller and loader for my at home jumps. The very slight slopes that I have keep the tractor work safe. I discovered quickly how easy it would be to tumble a tractor while working on a steep Hocking Hills property. You really have to preplan every move to stay out of trouble. Looks like your slope is fairly steep but regular so running more or less straight up and down with a tractor should be doable?

Most of the old SE Ohio tracks had good elevation changes. Echo Hills was the shortest and steepest ski slope in the state. A motocross track ran up and down the ski slope. I hated to see that place go. I lived about 5 miles away at the time and would ski there in the winter (downhill and CC) and HS and motocross there the rest of the year.

Back