LL final classes posted, big changes for old guys

New ones are where it's at. 10-13 were terrible. Didn't you buy a 2010 in 09 and hate it ? They're not the same now!!

Coombs said 35+ wasn't well supported. It's usually the most talent heavy class. Coincidence? I rode it at the regional (well, three laps before I jacked myself up) because I wanted to see what I could do against the fast guys.

Davey Coombs is great for the sport in some ways, but the way he gives tracks pro nationals and watches them invest money in the facility, only to get the race taken back in a short time, as well as constantly changing the rules and classes at LL's is getting a little silly.

A guy like me wasnt eligible for the 30+ the whole time I was 30 and older because it was b/c. Then at 36 I take a shot at going back to the ranch, ironically the same year I could have finally rode 30+, and then in 16' they take the 35+ away.

It's getting to the point that everything he's involved in is turning into a circus. Just set the boundries somewhere and leave them so people know what to plan on.

My dad raced 35+ in 94 and 95. And I feel like more are upset about the cut than what Davey is proposing. We didn't get a Knox number sheet from DC...so how do we really know ?

Just go to 30+, 35, 40, 45 and 50 - all B/C classes, no A riders with no national points BS. It is an amateur national, remember.

Then add Vet Pro. Done with it.

Just go to 30+, 35, 40, 45 and 50 - all B/C classes, no A riders with no national points BS. It is an amateur national, remember.

A riders are amateurs. You can't make the whole event B/C. I understand that everyone wants the rules in their own favor, but what most people are upset about are guys like Carmichael, Reynard, Tortelli, Ferry.....etc......not a local A rider who never rode pro races. Do you think a guy like Chris Opliger should be banned from the event?

A riders are amateurs. You can't make the whole event B/C. I understand that everyone wants the rules in their own favor, but what most people are upset about are guys like Carmichael, Reynard, Tortelli, Ferry.....etc......not a local A rider who never rode pro races. Do you think a guy like Chris Opliger should be banned from the event?
No he shouldn't but he sure did take advantage of it when there was a 30+B/C.

All B/C lol. With that logic how about just all A? If anyone makes it to lorettas in their respective classes, they are vet A riders, no matter how it's classified. A class is amateur, you have to be blind to miss the whole list of qualifications it takes to get a pro card.

You are talking about a database of riders that have been potentially riding for 20-45 years. You can't just try to exclude the fast ones that may have at one time or another dabbled in A class at Smith road when they were 20, or 40.

If you want the title of being one of the top 42 vet riders in the country at lorettas, you might actually have to be one of the top 42 vet riders in the country, that went through the program in your respective age division. Otherwise there is no reason for any vet classes to even take place there.

I agree that +35 wasn't well supported....that's why I always raced it! There were several fast ex-pros at the front and then a huge dropoff......I would have made it as an alternate two years ago with a 17th at the Regional if I had showed up at the ranch....I was PISSED when I was watching it online and saw they took an alternate behind me because I wasn't there!

Will be interesting to see how 45 and 50 are this year with full gates for each. You never know, 35 might be back in 2017.

I am not saying to eliminate the A riders. But if there is a Vet pro class, the A riders would fall in that class with the few retired pro et classes too.

I am not saying to eliminate the A riders. But if there is a Vet pro class, the A riders would fall in that class with the few retired pro et classes too.
Nah. Vet is age defined. You want a skill division sign up for 450B.
There are 0 requirements for someone to bump themselves up to A class. We are all riders. There is no difference between an A or B rider besides how you choose to challenge yourself. If you want to make motocross your profession, you need to meet requirements for a license and change your entire lifestyle.

New ones are where it's at. 10-13 were terrible. Didn't you buy a 2010 in 09 and hate it ? They're not the same now!!
Bought my son a 2015 a few months ago, that thing is a beast. Makes sharp turns with ease and throttle response is amazing. Wish I had the money to get rid of 09 kx250f and get me one haha

Back