Chain and sprockets

Motodad23

PR Member
Anyone have a preference on chain and sprockets? My son has 2015 yz250f and its time to replace the junk stock ones.

And they are an Ohio company!

Sunstar Engineering Italy S.r.l.Via Luciano Manara, 2 - 20812 LIMBIATE MB - Italy
Ph. +39-02-97075699 - Fax +39-02-97075698

e-mail:
info@sunstarmoto.com

customer.care@sunstarmoto.com

race.service@sunstarmoto.com

About SUNSTAR group
Quality. Durability. Price. Since 1946

Sunstar is the largest OEM and aftermarket supplier of motorcycle sprockets in the world and has manufactured sprockets for every major motorcycle in Japan, Europe and the United States since 1946. With a full product line that includes long lasting standard steel replacement sprockets, works aluminum race product, powerdrive countershaft sprockets and the exclusive, light weight stainless steel sprocket known as the Works Z, Sunstar can satisfy each and every sprocket need.

Sunstar prides itself on providing performance products – focusing on quality, price and functionality in mind. Our steel products are imported from European branches while the aluminum product are produced in European countries

Sunstar Engineering Italy S.r.l.Via Luciano Manara, 2 - 20812 LIMBIATE MB - Italy
Ph. +39-02-97075699 - Fax +39-02-97075698

e-mail:
info@sunstarmoto.com

customer.care@sunstarmoto.com

race.service@sunstarmoto.com

About SUNSTAR group
Quality. Durability. Price. Since 1946

Sunstar is the largest OEM and aftermarket supplier of motorcycle sprockets in the world and has manufactured sprockets for every major motorcycle in Japan, Europe and the United States since 1946. With a full product line that includes long lasting standard steel replacement sprockets, works aluminum race product, powerdrive countershaft sprockets and the exclusive, light weight stainless steel sprocket known as the Works Z, Sunstar can satisfy each and every sprocket need.

Sunstar prides itself on providing performance products – focusing on quality, price and functionality in mind. Our steel products are imported from European branches while the aluminum product are produced in European countries

http://sunstar-mc.com/

I guess a little deeper digging is always required. Just because the US site doesnt show their European ownership doesnt mean much. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways.....like you always love to do!

With all of that being said, I've been using ProTaper Sprockets and their Gold MX Chain. They have been holding up great even in the sand.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the pro taper gold chain. Doesn't stretch as fast as a renthal.

I'm cheap. I always run an o-ring chain with steel sprockets. I don't care if the back sprocket weighs more when that set up will last a looong time.

I agree. Buy the best chain possible...take care of it...and the sprocket doesn't matter as much.... however I tried a Sidewinder chrome-moly or ti-moly on my 03 RM250 and it outlasted 3 o-Ring Chains and 3 years of riding.

I'm cheap. I always run an o-ring chain with steel sprockets. I don't care if the back sprocket weighs more when that set up will last a looong time.

Yup. I could get 3+ years out of a Sunstar steel (c/s and rear)and a DID o-ringer on a 500. If that combo holds up, I don't really care what it weighs. Theo nly downside is that o-ring chains are not a good idea on 125s. I have never tried one on a 250F either.

At Motosport.com

sunstarbanner.jpg

Back