York PA Swap Meet - worthwhile?

Dano762

PR Addict
Has anyone gone to the York, PA swap meet?

I am thinking about taking a couple of bikes to sell and prowling around to see what is available?

It is a long drive and don't want to waste a trip.

Thanks

Dan

I am thinking about taking a couple of bikes to sell and prowling around to see what is available?

Thanks

Dan
I was there once,a lot of street bike stuff like any other swapmeet a lot of junk! Not much maico stuff when I was there,probably won't go again.

Thanks

Dan
What are you selling?

A couple of inexpensive project bikes that I bought as duplicates.

I was thinking that with the expanded AHRMA Regional series that someone could at least have a bike to ride without spending a lot. They are not doing anyone any good sitting in storage.

A 1978.5 RM250 C2 - will be asking about $800.00 - looks and feels well used and tired.

A 1981 KX250 - will be asking about $900.00 - the less messed with of the 2 - I don't think it was ever raced. I bought it from a pilot that purchased it in 1981.

Both are complete plus run, shift and stop. The frames are decent. Both are have cosmetic issues as someone painted all the plastics and tanks on both.

I was there once,a lot of street bike stuff like any other swapmeet a lot of junk! Not much maico stuff when I was there,probably won't go again.

Thanks Mike - I will pass and not make the drive.

I just drove to York PA last month to meet with a customer, Glatfelter. It is nice town but a long drive from Cincinnati.

Troyan was wanting a bunch of us to load up and go check it out but I think I am going to pass. It's 5.5 hours from here. I have no interest in buying anything right now anyway!

Back