Help with frozen tailgate

Cody Wolford

PR Member
I have to get in my truck bed for stuff for work tomorrow since it's snowing and ill be working
I can hear the locks release and lock as I pull/push on the gate.
But the tail gate is frozen shut, ideas on how to get open and then how to prevent freezing. Maybe rub Vaseline on the edges.
I have a tonneau cover on so that's why I need it open. Hoping after school today it's warmed up enough and it's thawed enough I can get it to open and then get the stuff I need out, an hopefully help prevent it from happening again.

Thanks
Cody

Get some of that spray windshield deicer in a can at the auto parts store and spray the s**t out of both sides. Also get in the handle area and the latches at the bed.

Thanks man
I was thinking about that while I've been in school

Wolford Racing 248
Cody's Mowing Service, Joe's Tire, Lashley Tractor sales, FCR Supension (of Wheeling West Virginia), Fly Racing, Oury Grips USA, Rocky Mountain ATV MC, Meyers Coatings

I've had good luck spraying silicone type lube on locks , latches , door trim rubber , etc. to keep them from re-freezing . Instead of staying wet it kind of dries to a film that moisture doesn't seem to freeze to as easily .

That's what I was reading online

I used Vaseline of the edges of my tailgate on top.
So it doesn't freeze to the tonneau cover bar or the chrome edge I have in the doesn't freeze to the side of the truck on the tailgate

Back