Walmart to close 154 in USA

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
OBAMA told us it's the greatest economic growth in history since he took office....

If that's true Walmart isn't closing stores!

Reactions: DTS
Keep in mind that is only about 1.3% of the stores they have.
I have 3 f'ing walmarts within 7 miles of my house. Thin those damn things out.

There's more to the story:

In October 2015, the company said an active review of the portfolio was underway to ensure assets were aligned with strategy. Today’s action follows a thorough review of Walmart’s nearly 11,600 worldwide stores that took into account a number of factors, including financial performance as well as strategic alignment with long-term plans. In total, the impacted stores represent less than 1 percent of both global square footage and revenue.

Walmart will continue to invest in its future, with plans to open stores worldwide in the coming fiscal year. Domestically, Walmart intends to open 50 to 60 Supercenters and 85 to 95 Neighborhood Markets in Fiscal 2017, which begins Feb. 1. In the same period, Sam’s Club plans to open in seven to 10 new locations. Internationally, Walmart intends to open between 200 and 240 stores during the coming year.

OBAMA told us it's the greatest economic growth in history since he took office....!

I watched parts of his SOTU speech, as much as I could stomach anyway.
No more than 5 minutes into the speech, commenting on what he regards as success's and progress under his administration, he spoke of how now a person can legally marry anyone who they love, (referring without saying, "legalized gay marriage").
Immediately my LIE ALARM sounded off, because he ran against this while campaigning for his first run at the office.

From that moment forward I knew the whole speech was going to be twisted spin. It's no wonder people love Trump so much and are sick of establishment politicians.

I heard about the Walton story in college, 88 OSU grad, but had never actually seen one. Not sure if all know but their start was by focusing on towns of less than 5,000 people so everyone would be "loyal" to them. I moved to Castle Rock, CO in 88 and they had one there and I thought "these are some good prices" They decided to expand when I was living in CA 2 years later and between Rancho Cucamonga and San Dimas(like 15 miles) on Foothill Blvd they opened 4 of them and they owned the market. It was absolutely crazy to see how fast people flocked to them.

I have many customers that sell to them - they tell you what they are willing to pay you and that's it. They say a buyer at Wal-Mart has more ability to influence the economy than the President does. I tend to believe it.

I like to keep a rack of water in my car and use to go to Wal-Mart because it was the best price but I would never go to one on the weekends. I was there at like 11:00 on a Tuesday once and the checkout line was crazy long. I said out load "what the heck is the deal today" and the lady in front of me spins around and says "It's the first of the month!" Yes she did not have all of her teeth.

No company can compete with them on price but in the big picture everyone loses. Screw Wal-Mart.

I used to call on Wal Mart in my previous career. When I would submit a price increase, I had to justify the increase in the price. They would then determine if they were going to accept the price increase or not. If they decided to not accept it, you continued to sell it for the same price, or they dropped the item.

When Fuel went to $4.00 a gallon everyone was passing on the cost. Some with a surcharge. Wal Mart refused the surcharge. We were told to put it into the price of goods and submit the price increase. Guess what? They refused to accept the increase. So we held the price, and they still moved some items to our new suggested retail price!! More profit for Wal Mart.

I do not miss dealing with that at all.

Back