RV2 and ET3 Testing in Corona

Scoob

PR Founding Father
http://racerxonline.com/2016/01/26/kawasaki-test-gallery

Wonder how much RV has lost. How much he challenges ET. Would think it would be more of a stamina think if anything... Like I said, I wonder...
117651_kawitrackjan2016-cudby-006.jpg

117633_kawitrackjan2016-cudby-047.jpg

it confuses me why guys hang up the boots for racing yet still rip around practice tracks like that. i mean i know its in their blood.. but guys like rv seemed to really not enjoy it anymore. why go out there and risk injury? wonder if he stil gets a pay check.

I am with you. How many injuries actually happen on the practice track? I bet RV could line up this week in Oakland and run inside the top 10.

What else is he going to do? Use that college education... I mean High school... I mean GED... well, third grade education and get a 9 to 5 job?
Of course follow the money. Pretty sure his contact with Kawasaki runs through 2016. Not racing means Kaw has a PERFECT test rider and they don't have to worry about him breaking his butthole again and missing racing. Since Toe smack is just coming off an injury do you really want the face of your company in the years to come get hurt again and miss a lot of time in front of potential customers?
100% agree. If he came back next week he would be top 3 in Oaktown.

What else is he going to do? Use that college education... I mean High school... I mean GED... well, third grade education and get a 9 to 5 job?
Of course follow the money. Pretty sure his contact with Kawasaki runs through 2016. Not racing means Kaw has a PERFECT test rider and they don't have to worry about him breaking his butthole again and missing racing. Since Toe smack is just coming off an injury do you really want the face of your company in the years to come get hurt again and miss a lot of time in front of potential customers?
100% agree. If he came back next week he would be top 3 in Oaktown.
So true this is unreal. So many pro riders barely speak the English language. Read some of what these guys write, it's embarrassing. They are successful at what they do, might as well stick with what they know and continue making money.
I think most of the guys that are "going pro" at the age of 22 or 23 need to rethink their future and invest in some edumacation. I'm not the smartest guy in the world but I know when I read some of what any of those guys post or say I feel bad for them. There are a few that have some knowledge but let's face it, they are far and few between.

Education is free. It's out there for free. Most are scammed into believing you have to pay for it and be awarded a piece of paper and lifetime loan payments.

Paid education is a damn joke.

And I believe that RV lives to ride. But got burnt out in the racing and getting hurt. Just to chill and ride probably has him feeling 12 again.

Yeah, no pressure, pretty much joy ride, and go to the bank. I mean, during his racing, if invested correctly, he should be set. A part time gig here and there and enjoy life. Sounds like the American dream to me. Count me in! Oh wait, I missed that boat a long time ago...umm, crap, I didn't even go to the harbor. Never mind. Shut up!!

Education is free. It's out there for free. Most are scammed into believing you have to pay for it and be awarded a piece of paper and lifetime loan payments.

Paid education is a damn joke.

For the most part I bite my tongue about this topic (because I have strong feelings about it) but it really does depend on what you want to do in life. I barely graduated high school, yet I have started and successfully ran 3 businesses (not including Malvern). Again, I realize that "piece of paper" is unfortunately necessary for certain careers although as an employer I would rather have someone with drive, dedication and a work ethic that includes a "I will do whatever I have to to get this job done" attitude over a degree any day. Unfortunately it seems that the amount of people today who have both are getting fewer and farther between.

So while I in no way discount the value of a college education (for some people) it pisses me off when I hear people look down their nose and talk down to those who don't have one. As though they are so stupid for not going to college, they have no chance of success in life (and that is in the eye of the beholder) with out that golden degree.

I will tell you somthing else this country is going to see a major swing in pay scale for skilled workers in the next 20 or so years. Unfortunately it seems that the vast majority of younger people today are scared to death at the idea of working for a living. I've got news for you, 90% of upcoming workforce seems to be planning on sitting in front of a computer for a living (much like they have spent their youth sitting in front of thier video games) but there are only so many of those positions available. Talk to any contractor doing electrical, plumbing,HVAC,roofing etc. etc. They can't find find enough skilled help that are willing to work. Hell, it's to the point where most of them don't even care if you are skilled. If you are genuinely willing to work they will train you.

Bottom line here is its simple supply and demand. As one job market if flooded with potential employees another is starving for them. Watch and see what happens.

I don't think they get burned out on riding and racing as much as the whole aldon baker way of life. Training all the time, watching what they eat and everything is what gets old. Ricky still rides but look at all that weight he put on.

I don't know if kids are scared to death to work for a living. But the high schools have polluted their minds into thinking they're retarded if they go to trade school.

Go to college. Go to college. Go to college. That's all the guidance counselors pound into them.

If I woke up 19 again I'm not positive I would go to college again. Even at work, there are intelligent educated people and what I call stupid educated people.

How did they get through medical school, or how did they finish Np school ? It's scary. So apparently it's like that everywhere, you got good seeds and bad seeds--but the whole college thing is really an inflated scam. I never learned how to be an ICU nurse in school. It's all on the job learning.

The amount of student loan debt I have could of went to starting a business or something. Atleast the degree I have does give me some return value. But not for $400+ a credit hour when it's required you get 160 credits. And I've learned graduate school costs double and is filled with the same piss poor quality of education as undergrad. It's really only up to yourself to get educated and be informed. /end rant. With that I'm gonna go lock myself in my office and complete some college course work online today ! Yay!

I have no degree and I think life's working out just fine. When I have kids some day I won't push them one way or another. If they want to do college, great, if they dont want to, great.

I took some classes, I'm like 4-5 short of having an associates degree, but what's taht REALLY ever going to get me. I've been turned away from maybe 2-3 jobs because I didn't have a degree, others gladly accept my 10 years experience over a piece of paper, as they 100% should. I wanted to finish it, why waste that money, but now I have no desire or time or actual reason to do so. It will in no way benefit my actual education or income at this point. Luckily it was only about 9k wasted at a community college.

I couldn't imagine starting my life off in as much debt as some people my age due to college. I'd never be where I'm at now, and would probably be making half the money that I was 5 years ago still.

In my field (IT) most of the people right out of school are dip shits. They know some stuff from a book but don't know how to put any of it together and are so narrow minded and focused on that 1 thing they studied. (I shouldn't have to physically plug in a developers computer. you can write a program but cant hook up your pc? really and you want 140k a year?)

Having NOT done that I'm so much more well rounded, I feel like I Have an open door for much more opportunity than if I went to school to study 1 thing.

I don't know if kids are scared to death to work for a living. But the high schools have polluted their minds into thinking they're retarded if they go to trade school.

Go to college. Go to college. Go to college. That's all the guidance counselors pound into them.

If I woke up 19 again I'm not positive I would go to college again. Even at work, there are intelligent educated people and what I call stupid educated people.

How did they get through medical school, or how did they finish Np school ? It's scary. So apparently it's like that everywhere, you got good seeds and bad seeds--but the whole college thing is really an inflated scam. I never learned how to be an ICU nurse in school. It's all on the job learning.

The amount of student loan debt I have could of went to starting a business or something. Atleast the degree I have does give me some return value. But not for $400+ a credit hour when it's required you get 160 credits. And I've learned graduate school costs double and is filled with the same piss poor quality of education as undergrad. It's really only up to yourself to get educated and be informed. /end rant. With that I'm gonna go lock myself in my office and complete some college course work online today ! Yay!

its funny cause im in 5th period and they just pounded that in our heads last period. its a load of crap. they said trade schools aren't worth gong to.... these idiots make no sense. made no effort to listen to what the person said. lol :mad:o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
High School counselors need to have honest conversations with parents and students. There are some that are not cut for college. That is fine. There are a lot of opportunities for people to be plumbers,HVAC, electricians, CNC machinist, etc. They can make a nice living, and not enough people are going into the fields. I have tons of clients all looking for CNC guys all the time.

I will tell you somthing else this country is going to see a major swing in pay scale for skilled workers in the next 20 or so years. Unfortunately it seems that the vast majority of younger people today are scared to death at the idea of working for a living.

I talk about this all the time with the older men I work with... I got into the construction trade at the age of 24 and honestly couldn't be happier with joining the union and being in the trade. My generation is doomed, they're all a bunch of politically correct brainwashed hipsters. They all want to sit in front of a computer and like you said Jason, fear the thought of actually working for a living... I wasn't raised like that, I was raised to be a hard worker, so I'd rather bust my ass to earn for my family because it makes me feel like I really earned my pay.

I couldn't agree more with everyone on here. I'm in school for marketing at a community college and I have to say I have learned more managing a retail store than in the bs classes I've taken. It's real world experience that gets the jobs. A peice of paper can help prove to employers that you do have dedication and a good work ethic.

On the other side of that, I've worked jobs that require no college degree installing equipment in people's homes. There were people with masters degrees in business working there doing installations. Mind you most people made 30k at that job with the exeption of people who had been there and knew their way around. People I graduated high school with that have masters degrees and make $8.50 an hour with kids and a wife. How do you justify that?

At that point, wouldn't you just say f*** it and get a job busting your ass to support your family? Or is that college degree in sports science just that important? People in my generation (24-28) have a real problem with real physical work. I'm not saying I have the most physically demanding job, but I have done it.

School is okay, but trades are really where the mone is at. On the job training is much more valuable than a peice of paper in a specific area of work that hires one person every 30 years.

High School counselors need to have honest conversations with parents and students. There are some that are not cut for college. That is fine. There are a lot of opportunities for people to be plumbers,HVAC, electricians, CNC machinist, etc. They can make a nice living, and not enough people are going into the fields. I have tons of clients all looking for CNC guys all the time.

First you gotta get qualified guidance counselors.

Qualified anything.

Back