Official 2016 OMA Schedule

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
brochure-11inx17in-trifold-outside.jpg
brochure-11inx17in-trifold-inside.jpg

"Top 15 finishes for overall series."

Which events count towards that? All of them minus Fair?

So what are the Western Reserve shootout and King of the Cliff races????
Those are both dates for the Super Series. I guess we both decided to personalize them.

I know for the Western Shootout race, we are using that as the theme. Preliminary plans are to possibly have a western theme, MX community campfire for hot dogs/marshmallows Saturday night, horseshoe pit(s), activities for the kids, hay ride. Possibilities include karaoke at the pavilion or possibly a band. Awards could be western themed including a six shooter (not politically correct). Kinda early in the game to tell you for sure, but we plan to step up our game a bit.

Looking forward to OMA in 2016. Great banquet by the way.

"Top 15 finishes for overall series."

Which events count towards that? All of them minus Fair?

Yes, faircross is separate. All other racing events count toward overall. And its the top 15 highest point earning finishes. Be careful with that. Some events are worth more or less points pendingthe turnout. See the rulebook for the points table. And again, 15 is not a minimum.

So what are the Western Reserve shootout and King of the Cliff races????

King of the Cliff will be Wiseco Pro-X Super Series event that pays Series points for that series as well as Overall OMA Points. It will be an AMA Pro-AM event as well. The racing will be hosted in Battle type format with practice early on Saturday starting at 8am, and Quad/PW50 racing by 4pm. The remianing bike classes will be Sunday. 1st Place trophies of the day are these:

IMG_2986.JPG

Yes, faircross is separate. All other racing events count toward overall. And its the top 15 highest point earning finishes. Be careful with that. Some events are worth more or less points pendingthe turnout. See the rulebook for the points table. And again, 15 is not a minimum.

Night races too?? Say it isn't so!!! They should be separated for sure.

So should the super series not be included in the overall? Maybe we shouldn't count the battle series either???

Haha....

The reason I say this, back in the early 00's I raced 125B. I worked saturdays and couldnt make it to malvern for the 259,000 races they had at night until the season was almost over. I raced a couple there and at that night track in Orville a couple times. Matt Cozma and myself were battling for points, I raced him a total of three times that year. Once at a night race where we battled hard and he won and 2 times at Spring valley where I beat him both races. He beat me for the season by one point because he raced 30 night races at Malvern and got big points while I won many Sunday races with 5 entries. Some people work and cant make night races and night racing is a whole different thing anyway.

But those days are gone, there arent friday night, saturday night and sunday races every weekend any more either. There were about 112 races those years each season if I remember right and your best 35 counted. IMO it should have been separate. Different era now, but if your best 15 count and you can run 11 night races the same situation could arise for someone else. It seems to me for an overall award you ought to be racing the same riders for the most part. Im not bitching so please dont take it that way!!!!! Im not chasing points, I just was voicing an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Regardless Im looking forward to some full gates and fun racing this season, lets get this party started!

Not to interrupt the Hersherade.....BUT thats why we do the 15 best. Its a compromise from the guys who run every single race and the guys who want the select events with fuller gates. A more level playing field for all. A racer who can only race Saturday nights has a chance, a racer who can only race some sundays has a chance.

BTW did you catch the end of the slide show???

Back