RIP Dave Mirra

Nac305rm

PR Member
This dude was an icon in BMX freestyle! Such a shame people do not face their problems and take the easy way out! He leaves an entire family behind to wonder why! Heart felt feelings to his family and all who looked up to him! He let us all down by doing this, he could have spun his issues into inspiration for himself and the youth's lives he touches through the sport of BMX! Like TJ Lavin said, if you have issues seek help!!

This dude was an icon in BMX freestyle! Such a shame people do not face their problems and take the easy way out! He leaves an entire family behind to wonder why! Heart felt feelings to his family and all who looked up to him! He let us all down by doing this, he could have spun his issues into inspiration for himself and the youth's lives he touches through the sport of BMX! Like TJ Lavin said, if you have issues seek help!!
I hear you but mental health is not easy. These people are not right. I have had 2 friends that have taken their life and they don't let you know its coming, you are very blindsided by their decision. It seems selfish and maybe it is but they are not in the right state of mind. Trust me, if I or people could help they would.

Prayers for him, his family, and all that care about him. I have been impacted by a close suicide. There are no easy answers and no easy judgments. The internet is such a hard, unforgiving platform to discuss such a sensitive topic - but it still needs to happen and discussion has value. Please remember that our comments make their way out of PitRacer, into search results, and will be shared across other forums.

As much as I am saddened to hear these stories, it helps remind me to be a better friend and family member. It reminds me to take the time to listen more openly and to judge less. And it reminds me to treasure my blessings and keep my problems in perspective.

I always hope that if someone is thinking about taking their own life, they might read how much people care, how much someone is willing to help, and how much they would be sincerely missed. There is help available if one is brave enough to ask - talk to someone.

Last edited:
Back