915 Always Remebered

MX315

PR Addict
image.jpg

The house Ron lived in that you can see off of 71 is my aunts old house. We used to fish in that pond at the bottom of the hill growing up right when I started getting in to riding. We never thought a motocross track would be built there but when we saw it we were shocked. I never got a chance to go ride there but to this day that track looks crazy and fun. RIP Ron, it was always cool seeing him rip around a track.

I only met him a couple times but he always treated me like he knew me. I watched him practicing at Smith Road on a 450 Honda running it so long and hard steam was rolling out of it. He didn't slow down. I think I have some video of that. I saw him at Steel City National racing and have pictures of that.

Yeah he was a great guy. It always felt cool to just be on the same track as him. He would come by so fast it would scare the s#÷+ out of me. Such a humble guy too. Got to share sum drinks after riding a couple times and he'd make ya feel like you were old friends. I will never forget him. That was one of the hardest funerals I've ever attended. His family is a wonderful group of people. I hope they know what an impact he made on so many people. You are missed Ron!

Always there with his trademark big Smile! Welcome face to see in the pits when you pulled in somewhere.... I'd show up to Red Bud by myself while visiting the in laws..... bring my bike to hit up Red Bud race on Saturday or Sunday, and Ron would be there in the big old Motorhome. I'd park near by, have someone to talk with, and someone to take care of me in case I got hurt while at a track far from home by myself..... Plus he had his mis matched colors between jersey and pants always, lots of fun and he is missed by many. RIP Ron, hope you are still hucking big triples up in the sky waiting for the rest of us to show up and show us the fast line around the track!

Always there with his trademark big Smile! Welcome face to see in the pits when you pulled in somewhere.... I'd show up to Red Bud by myself while visiting the in laws..... bring my bike to hit up Red Bud race on Saturday or Sunday, and Ron would be there in the big old Motorhome. I'd park near by, have someone to talk with, and someone to take care of me in case I got hurt while at a track far from home by myself..... Plus he had his mis matched colors between jersey and pants always, lots of fun and he is missed by many. RIP Ron, hope you are still hucking big triples up in the sky waiting for the rest of us to show up and show us the fast line around the track!
Funny you mention the mismatched gear. I always wondered why his gear never matched? His Mom told me he was color blind so it didn't matter much to him! Lol

I didnt know him personally but he unknowingly made and impression on me when I was a young kid. Saw him at his practice track as we were cutting thru to go ride some other trails. I really didnt even know mx/sx existed in that capacity,..i was just a kid tooling around on trails with whatever bike we could cobble together that summer. After that we all just thought Ron Boyas was mx.

Back