Anyone need 89-90 YZ250 Vintage Parts?

team186

PR Member
I built a 89 yz250 from two bikes. I put different front end on bike and have a one complete 89 yz250 front end. Very clean includes forks, clamps, front brake caliper with new pads, fork guards, axl and complete front wheel with brand new Dunlop. Also have complete motor and carb.

I'll post pics on classified but I'm heading to Columbus this weekend to visit family. I'd be glad to take parts that far. Need to move will sell very cheap.

Text me for details or pics. 270-799-4144.

Thanks

Steve Hunter

89 Bike turned out nice. Fun to ride. Going to bike week signed up to ride Daytona AM Sx might line up 89 against all 450s sure to be in class. Or not.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 1,148
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 282
Team 186, thinking of doing the same (newer front end on my 89 YZ250) did the triples bolt on with no mods ? If so what year ?

I found the link below and although I did a few things different it lays out plan well. I actually had a complete very clean 99 yz250 bike so I also used entire front brake system top and bottom. I bolted whole front end up. I'm using the 99 forks, fork guards and my 99 front wheel had new oversize front rotor kit too. My wheels are not stock but black on gold talon so my bigger issue was getting the rear wheel to work to be able to use those wheels. Funny enough the 89 rotor bolted right on the 99 rear hub do I'm using the 89 rear brake system with 99 wheel. The axl is bigger so I modded my swingarm to accept my 99 rear axl and adjusters. Now I've got way more sprocket options too. If you can find 98 to 01 forks, clamps and caliper then a yz front wheel through 1998-2006 will work.

I put all the 89 stuff I have on here because I don't need it but I would be willing to sell the 99 stuff I used if you wanted it I plan to sell my 89 after I race it this year. Everyone I talked too thinks my bike will sell easier with all stock parts and silver wheels. I like black wheel look but purists might not. Let me know if you need anything.

Link below pretty detailed and has some good info on how to mod stock 89 forks.

http://www.edwinwhite.com/yz250/frontconversion.html

Those bottom races sucks on every YZ I've worked on, On my 82 I friend put the frame on his end mill and cut it in two. Thanks for the Info

Back