Action Sports Vintage Flashback

ActionSports

PR Addict
The Action Sports Vintage Flashback, Vintage and Post vintage motocross and cross country event scheduled on October 1st and 2nd is in Conflict with the Dirt Country regional AHRMA event so I am going to change the date. I looked at the AHRMA schedule yesterday and it looks like September 17 & 18 is the best date I can come up with without conflicting with another nearby vintage event. Please feel free to contact me if you see a potential conflict. I do not want to hurt another vintage event and I need the best posssible race date to insure a successful event.
For some reason there are AHRMA riders that won't ride AMA events and AMA riders that won't ride AHRMA events. I have tried to get the two sanctioning bodies together again but neither seems to be interested in any way. AHRMA has the largest vintage following. I was told that could have an AHRMA National MX this year but a National cross country event was not available. In order to have a successful and profitable event I need both events to be a National. Since that didn't work out I am going to run my event non sanctioned. After the date is confirmed I will work on classes that make sense and a pre-enty form and event flier. I am going to need your help getting the word out to all the vintage and post vintage riders, along with modern riders. When riders consider what annual event they are going to ride I want to be one of them. I want my event to be one of the big ones along with Unadilla, Diamond Don's and Mid Ohio. You know we host quality events, so all we need is you to make it a success. Please watch for more information on all Action Sports events. Please go to www.ActionSportsRacing.com and join our emal list and all of our social media advetising. Thank you, Drew Wolfe

You can count me in Drew...always a great time to ride your track. Hope you have time to ride the 50+ class while also running the event.

I'm looking for another date, I don't want this event to conflict with any other vintage event. Any suggestions on a good race date?

Getting a better start on it this year. Looking forward to it.

Still running this sticker...
2016-02-23 18.14.42.jpg

Happy to hear this, and looking forward to some great Action Sports racing in my first year of 50+.
Thanks Drew.

If you wait until mid November I can join in the 50+!!

I aim to race as many 40+ class's as I can as well. There's still a lot racers there that I enjoy battling against. ( including you of course)

Yeeaa... glad to have you in 50+ :)

Look forward to lining up with you guys. I've been studying your gate starts mooch, which are clearly one of your strengths, (Beenridin's as well).

I know that I need to get to some other tracks for vintage/PV racing, but it just isn't the same without racing at Action Sports. Love the start, love the elevation variations and looooove the monster hill.

Last edited:
Is this event happening this year? Action Sports website still shows 9/17-18 but above it was stated they were looking for another date like Sept 10/11.....what's the scoop?

It's still on there website, and the flyer is posted:

http://www.actionsportsracing.com/vintage-racing.html

ACTION SPORTS FLASHBACK

The 2016 Action Sports Flashback will return to the Action Sports Moto Park in Athens, Ohio on September 17th and 18th, 2016. We look forward to our Vintage Flashback weekend every year; it’s always fun working with such great people.

Our two day format will include Vintage Grand Prix Saturday Morning, followed by Vintage Motocross, and we will finish out the day with modern vet, amateur, and youth motocross. We will run the exact same format on Sunday with Post Vintage Grand Prix, Motocross, and modern classes.

Our old school National caliber MX track consists of rolling natural terrain with a few steep hills and a few small, safe, strategically placed jumps. We have great dirt, track prep and dust control on our motocross track and our Cross Country course. We’re sure you’ll love it!

Check back for updates and look through our website for all classes, times, fees, sponsors, directions etc.

Take a video lap of the Cross Country course and our MX track on this website. Download a flier so you have all of the information and please make a copy to give to your friends.

Come and join us for this great event!

Thanks,
Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions Inc.

2016_flashback_art.jpg

Or you could just hit the next Action Sports GP with an old bike or two or three. Decade or vintage at 11:00, PV at 1:30 and then age old guy group classes at 3:00. That should be enough for most. Drew says he's racing with us that day too. He was on his decade YZ for the last Fast Traxx Saturday race.

https://m.facebook.com/ActionSportsRacing/

Back