2017 chase format rumors

I am sure it is like Nascar. I HATE it in Nascar, and will hate it in SX. So a guy like Dungey works his ass off for say 10 races and then the points reset at the 11th round for the top 10 or however many people. Last year in Nascar, Kyle Busch was able to miss 1/3 of the season and still win the championship. Bullshit in my opinion. Race is about consistency, and winning. Being there every round. That's the way it should stay.

They're trying to get people to watch the sport. They don't care how hard the rider works. Sport center isn't going to say much about a Sport where the leader is up 60 points on the nearest competitor. Gotta make it tighter. To get people interested. Hype hype.

Kyle Busch won his way into that championshop. He had to win. Or else he wasn't gonna win it.

And I hate Busch!

The final bracket in NASCAR spikes your interest. Last race was down to 4 good drivers. So it made it exciting.

Maybe more people will watch Vegas if 4 guys were about to battle their brains out. Dungey might take some uncalculated risks to win.

I say change things up as much as they want in supercross. Lets not forget it's not even a sport in fields eyes. Now outdoors on the other hand, you don't mess with the nationals.

In 1999 I raced the us off-road championship series (us to be Micky Thompson) and they had a couple goofy series points changes. One you got to drop your worst race and the second was you could have sub rider race for you at one event. Now it was only an 11 races series so it really did not make sense. I just so happen to be the only rider to race every main event and I had the most points of all the riders.... But I did not win the championship. Spud Walters beat me by 2 points after you drop the bad race and then he had Doug Dubach ride Houston for him. At the time (and still to some point now) I was upset that those rule changes cost me a national championship. But looking back, I did not deserve to win it. I never won a main and I was not the best rider in the series. Spud was and he won. Yes it cost me a nice bonus and the opportunity to parlay that into a team ride. But the best guy won.
All they are doing with this change it to make the last few races worth watching (of course that means more money for the promoters) so this may help the sport. The one thing I don't like is the "chase" name. Come on, come up with an original name. Maybe, battle series. Haha.
I say try it. Put the final 3 or 4 rounds on network TV.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I am sure it is like Nascar. I HATE it in Nascar, and will hate it in SX. So a guy like Dungey works his ass off for say 10 races and then the points reset at the 11th round for the top 10 or however many people. Last year in Nascar, Kyle Busch was able to miss 1/3 of the season and still win the championship. Bullshit in my opinion. Race is about consistency, and winning. Being there every round. That's the way it should stay.

Or they could give slower guys head starts, eliminate the finish line so everybody wins, and rename it socialcross. Shame on that Dungey for working his tail off and winning.

I thought the joker lane would have became a standard first........
I must be getting freaking old......I am old school racing. You beat people straight up, and you win championships over a season. I hate the lucky dog crap in Nascar also. A driver drives his ass off, ad puts a car a lap down. Caution comes out, that driver gets his lap back, makes changes to his car and then comes back and wins the race. NO! You put someone down a lap, they don't get it back free. I call this the Danica rule, because a caution seems to come out everything she is the first car a lap down, to give her her lap back.

Back