Cra HairScramble class info??

sq2208

PR Member
Looking to do some hairscrambles this season and was curious to the classes and the rules based on cc and age and skill. I couldn't find helpful info on the website besides the names of classes. 26 years old on a 125 intermediate rider. Also a 35 year old on a 250 sxf also intermediate and a 16 year old on a 125?? looking to race Mansfield on march 20th any help would be great.

If you go on the CRA website under the "CRA News" heading, then "Member Info" you can find the rule book from 2012. I think they may have updated the actual rule book since then, but have never posted it in the last four years. The only way to get a copy was wait until you went to a race and they usually had some there. Maybe their new marketing manager can get it updated on the website?

They usually run similar to the moto classes. Schoolboy is 16 and under or he could ride the b class in the lites (250cc and under) 26 year old could ride 25+, if that's not avail. then B class on a lites bike or even open B and surely there will be a 35 and up vet class (or 30+) or the option of the b class again.

EROC is a separate entity from OMA. The OMA is strictly motocross, and EROC is harescrambles and three MotoXCountry races which will be similar to a GP format.

Kinda funny/weird - the tentative CRA harescramble schedule was done and after the EROC series dates were released, it looks like the CRA went back and scheduled some Bonus Day races (whatever that is) on the same dates as the EROC races. I am guessing this is to try and pull some riders away from those races as they are former CRA tracks/promoters?

Last edited:
To answer rule book questions on CRA if you Google racecra.org an click on competition riders of America all the information is on the front page. You can download the 2016 rule book an the complete CRA 2016 MX / Harescramble schedules.

Thanks Captain Jack for the info. CRA is going to rock this year. I hear rumor that there is going to be transponders this year for harescrambles. Looking forward to an awesome year for moto-x at our track along with our harescrambles.

Looking to do some hairscrambles this season and was curious to the classes and the rules based on cc and age and skill. I couldn't find helpful info on the website besides the names of classes. 26 years old on a 125 intermediate rider. Also a 35 year old on a 250 sxf also intermediate and a 16 year old on a 125?? looking to race Mansfield on march 20th any help would be great.

26 yr old on a 125 = 200cc and under
Usually a pretty fast group, mostly like a mx school boy/ college class
16 yr old on a 125 = 200cc and under
Again, if they are intermediate, this is the class to race
35 yr old = +30 (30-39)
This class is what I run, it is a grab bag of talent levels. You never know who will show up, A riders, B riders or casual riders!

To answer rule book questions on CRA if you Google racecra.org an click on competition riders of America all the information is on the front page. You can download the 2016 rule book an the complete CRA 2016 MX / Harescramble schedules.
Ahh, all I still see is a link to the 2012 rule book. Also, unless I'm not seeing it, I don't see a downloadable schedule anywhere.

26 yr old on a 125 = 200cc and under
Usually a pretty fast group, mostly like a mx school boy/ college class
16 yr old on a 125 = 200cc and under
Again, if they are intermediate, this is the class to race
35 yr old = +30 (30-39)
This class is what I run, it is a grab bag of talent levels. You never know who will show up, A riders, B riders or casual riders!
Thank you what is woodsman class considered?

Sent from my SM-G900P using PitRacer mobile app

Beginner or just casual rider. This is a class to avoid, in my opinion there is a reason it is the last line at each race!

The reason it is called the woodsman class it is intended for a beginner rider.But it seams some of the rider's choose to stay in the class for two many years.Why they start in the last row I think is the best choice for a beginner to start. As for the 35 year old there is a Senior 1 class 30 to 39 yrs a 4stk. Class and you could opt to ride woodsman and all starting the same class. Hope to see you on to race track andown good luck!

Back