Michelin Starcross 5's

mshafer62

PR Addict
Just got these...new Michelin Starcross 5 in the medium compound.
Knobs look taller, bigger and wider (to my eye) than the Dunlop 32 (S3 or whatever they are calling it now).
I also noticed the unique spacing where 2 rear knobs are closer together then the next 4 are spaced normally. Rear tire wasn't that tough to mount.
I've read where users felt they had slightly better tractions and longer wear than the Dunlop 32.
They also have tires with different compounds, patterns and knob height for soft, hard and sand tracks
but this pattern looks like it would work pretty well around here as well as Red Bud's sandy soil.

I've never ridden on Michelins before. Honestly never heard much good about them but supposedly these are a huge change from the previous series.

Really looking forward to getting these dirty!

IMAG0003 (2).jpg

Have been running starcross MS3s and MH3s for probably 10 years now. Good grip and seem to wear longer than other brands I've rode.

Those look good, I'll definitely try them out.

I have run the mh series for a few years. This is the only tire that I have tried that lasts more than 2 gncc races! I have noticed that they do chunk badly at the rocky races! Other than that, I like them. Not a dun-in-a-lap fan, I loved the perelli mx32 when I ran moto but not so much in the woods!

Been runnin Michelin since McGrath was president. Just picked up a set of the 5 mediums on Saturday. Had a set of dunlops on a set of second hand wheels I got last year. I can't believe people actually run them.

Back